fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Best Sequence for Studying

Best Sequence for Studying 7 years 6 months ago #8324

• Yashar Khoshand
  • Yashar Khoshand's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello,

I have purchased the Prepcast, RMC 8th Ed, and PMBOK 5th Ed. I'm ready and excited to begin my journey to becoming a PMP. There is a lot of material on the web and I'm sure some threads within this Forum that covers my inquiry, but I wanted to see what system method you think is best for studying? (Ie. all 3 texts in conjuction 1 chapter at-a-time, or one text end-to-end followed by another text)?

Thanks in advance,
Yashar

Best Sequence for Studying 7 years 6 months ago #8328

• Rahul Kakkar
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 56
Hi Yashar,

Congratulations on taking the first step to a start of a great journey! When it comes to methods or styles of study it truly is an individual preference. My style was to first view the PrepCast video for a module to get a good grounding, followed by reading that module from HeadFirst and then filling in the gaps in that module from PMBOK. I repeated this approach for all the modules because I found it work best for me. What I would advice is to try out each style and see what works best for you. Follow style 1 for module 1, style 2 for module 2 and style 3 for module 3. Within three modules you'll know which style works best personally for you. You can then adopt that style for the rest of the modules.
Rahul Kakkar, PMP, MBA
Community Moderator

How are we doing? Your opinion matters. To help us improve, please check out our survey at www.surveymonkey.com/s/pmpexamforum
The following user(s) said Thank You: Yashar Khoshand
Last edit: by Rahul Kakkar.

Best Sequence for Studying 7 years 6 months ago #8329

• Kevin Nason
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 18
Yashar

In preparing for my exam, I read the PMP Headfirst book first from cover to cover. This helped me ease into the PMP concepts and terminologies. I followed up by going through the PrepCast, PMBOK, in parallel one chapter at a time. As a follow up to fill in the gaps I used the Rita book. The Rita book helped me fill in the gaps and look at the concepts in a different way that I could not understand.

Good Luck with your preparation!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Yashar Khoshand

Best Sequence for Studying 7 years 6 months ago #8344

• Yashar Khoshand
  • Yashar Khoshand's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Thank you both for your responses. Definitely advice I will take into account.
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login