fbpx

Reply: Best Sequence for Studying

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Best Sequence for Studying

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
7 years 6 months ago #8344

Yashar Khoshand

Thank you both for your responses. Definitely advice I will take into account.
7 years 6 months ago #8329

Kevin Nason

Yashar

In preparing for my exam, I read the PMP Headfirst book first from cover to cover. This helped me ease into the PMP concepts and terminologies. I followed up by going through the PrepCast, PMBOK, in parallel one chapter at a time. As a follow up to fill in the gaps I used the Rita book. The Rita book helped me fill in the gaps and look at the concepts in a different way that I could not understand.

Good Luck with your preparation!
7 years 6 months ago #8328

Rahul Kakkar

Hi Yashar,

Congratulations on taking the first step to a start of a great journey! When it comes to methods or styles of study it truly is an individual preference. My style was to first view the PrepCast video for a module to get a good grounding, followed by reading that module from HeadFirst and then filling in the gaps in that module from PMBOK. I repeated this approach for all the modules because I found it work best for me. What I would advice is to try out each style and see what works best for you. Follow style 1 for module 1, style 2 for module 2 and style 3 for module 3. Within three modules you'll know which style works best personally for you. You can then adopt that style for the rest of the modules.
7 years 6 months ago #8324

Yashar Khoshand

Hello,

I have purchased the Prepcast, RMC 8th Ed, and PMBOK 5th Ed. I'm ready and excited to begin my journey to becoming a PMP. There is a lot of material on the web and I'm sure some threads within this Forum that covers my inquiry, but I wanted to see what system method you think is best for studying? (Ie. all 3 texts in conjuction 1 chapter at-a-time, or one text end-to-end followed by another text)?

Thanks in advance,
Yashar

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login