fbpx

Reply: Statistics of candidates passing the PMP Exam

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Statistics of candidates passing the PMP Exam

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
6 years 3 months ago #12639

Joe Butner

's Avatar

Mr. Fichtner,

I have no education. In spite of this I have worked for the likes of IBM, Siemens, General Dynamics, Verizon, Bell Atlantic, SAIC, etc. Both Blue Collar and White Collar positions. I am a IT/TELECOM Engineer, PM, QA-QC, Overhead Lineman, Residencial Home builder, etc. I have excelled in every profession. I purchased your Prep Cast materials. I listened to all the Podcasts, took custom quizes and also 6 -7, 4 hour, 200 question Exams so I could get used to climbing at that altitude. I am from Virginia but was a contractor in Kuwait City when I was studying for the PMP Exam. I studied 4 - 6 hours a day for about 4 months. I took breaks at mid day and walked along the Persian Gulf to refresh my mind. I could never get better than a 64 on the Prep Cast practice Exams. I am happy to say I passed the PMP Exam on my first attempt. It was my goal to pass on the first attempt in 2014 in my mid 50's! I found the questions on the Prep Cast Exams to be longer and much more difficult than the PMP Exam. I can remember saying to myself at question 85-95, "son you have got this!" I could feel it. This is how well you had prepared me. In spite of this inclination I also told myself I still have a lot of climbing to do and had to focus very hard to maintain the level of my effort. The Exam is very grueling! Over the last several years I have told many people about my preparations. I hope they took me up on them. Thank you very much sir for your course. There is no way on earth I would have passed without it. Thank you very much Cornelius!
7 years 6 months ago #8245

Cornelius Fichtner

Our PM Exam Simulator offers this to paying customers on the "My Statistics >> Exam Feedback" page. Here you can see how people reported their exam success back to us.

On a very high level... if their score in the simulator was between 80-90% then 94% of our users report that they passed their exam in the first attempt.
7 years 6 months ago #8244

Kevin Nason

Hazem

I spent a few minutes looking this up and there is no published data that I see that gives this information. The PMI would be the only one that has this information, along with what is the true passing percentage for the exam. The only statistic I did see was in an FAQ, on another website that used a "Best Guesses" from other PMI Training Organizations and came up 60% passing on their first attempt. It was based on a "Best Guess", with no other supporting footnotes or sources.

Good luck with your studies

Kevin
7 years 6 months ago #8236

Hazem Ibrahim

Can anybody feed us by even a rough estimate about the percentage of candidates passing the Exam from 1st time and of the percentage passing it on the 2nd time? actually those figures will help to estimate the real difficulty of the exam and may raise our moral :cheer:

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login