fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Project Management or Program Management

Project Management or Program Management 7 years 8 months ago #8218

• Maria EUgenia Labajos
  • Maria EUgenia  Labajos's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello everyone,
I´ve just done the self-assestment 12 in PrepCast (Procurement Management) and I have a question about question 10:

Question 10: A leading telecom network operator has signed a procurement contract with an international telecom equipment vendor company to extend their network infrastructure nationally by 50%. Network planning, civil works and equipment installation are all included as a part of the procurement contract. From the equipment vendor’s point of view, which of the following needs to be applied efficiently to effectively manage this procurement contract?
A.) Procurement Management
B.) Project Management
C.) Program Management
D.) Portfolio Management

B is the correct answer and, although I understand that it´s from the vendor´s point of view I would have said C because the contract includes not just one Project, but a group of related projects such as civil work, equipment instalation and so on. I guess I am misunderstanding something here. Could you please give me a hand?

Thanks in advance!

Project Management or Program Management 7 years 8 months ago #8230

• Kimberly Bortz
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I can see your point of view where it appears to be a group of related projects. However the way I read the question is that there is one project (extend their network infrastructure nationally by 50%) that has a scope that crosses multiple disciplines (network planning, civil works and equipment installation) and it is covered by one contract for a single customer. Therefore from the vendor's point of view, it would be project management.
MBA, PMP, ACP, CSM
IT Project Manager
Community Moderator

Project Management or Program Management 7 years 8 months ago #8231

• Maria Eugenia Labajos
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Thank you, Kimberly.
The key here is that there´s only one contract, therefore is one big project which includes Civil Works, Equipment Instalation and so on as Work Packages.
Best regards,
Mª. Eugenia Labajos
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenAlexander AnikinElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login