fbpx

Reply: can we consider the Olympic games a project?

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : can we consider the Olympic games a project?

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
7 years 4 weeks ago #9876

Sushee

Actually, event-type projects (competition, contest events, commemorations, wedding...) are often called "Olympic projects."
7 years 6 months ago #8247

Jeremy Raelin

Agreed on this. Given that the Olympics has a defined start and finish, it is certainly a project - or even a program grouping related projects together - as compared to, say an ongoing sports season that reoccurs every year, making it more operational in nature.
7 years 6 months ago #8227

Hazem Ibrahim

Thanks for your pass Mr. Fichtner, I believe that the six common project constraint still exist at the Olympic games not only the schedule. the resource, quality of the service, the budget, the high risk challenge and may be the scope as well.
7 years 6 months ago #8224

Cornelius Fichtner

The Olympic Games are more than "just" a project. I'm pretty sure that each city is organizing their games on the level of a program, multiple programs or even a portfolio level. (And if anyone knows a PM who was / is involved in the Olympic Games then please introduce me so I can interview them!)

Also... the primary constraint of all projects managed under this Olympic program/portfolio is the schedule. Your project better be complete on the day that the games begin... ;)
7 years 6 months ago #8216

Hazem Ibrahim

Can we consider the organization of an Olympic games a project? think of it

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login