fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: can we consider the Olympic games a project?

can we consider the Olympic games a project? 7 years 7 months ago #8216

• Hazem Ibrahim
  • Hazem Ibrahim's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Can we consider the organization of an Olympic games a project? think of it

can we consider the Olympic games a project? 7 years 7 months ago #8224

• Cornelius Fichtner
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • President, OSP International LLC
  • Thank you received: 606
The Olympic Games are more than "just" a project. I'm pretty sure that each city is organizing their games on the level of a program, multiple programs or even a portfolio level. (And if anyone knows a PM who was / is involved in the Olympic Games then please introduce me so I can interview them!)

Also... the primary constraint of all projects managed under this Olympic program/portfolio is the schedule. Your project better be complete on the day that the games begin... ;)
Until Next Time,
Cornelius Fichtner, PMP, CSM
President, OSP International LLC

can we consider the Olympic games a project? 7 years 7 months ago #8227

• Hazem Ibrahim
  • Hazem Ibrahim's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
Thanks for your pass Mr. Fichtner, I believe that the six common project constraint still exist at the Olympic games not only the schedule. the resource, quality of the service, the budget, the high risk challenge and may be the scope as well.

can we consider the Olympic games a project? 7 years 7 months ago #8247

• Jeremy Raelin
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Agreed on this. Given that the Olympics has a defined start and finish, it is certainly a project - or even a program grouping related projects together - as compared to, say an ongoing sports season that reoccurs every year, making it more operational in nature.

can we consider the Olympic games a project? 7 years 1 month ago #9876

• Sushee
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Actually, event-type projects (competition, contest events, commemorations, wedding...) are often called "Olympic projects."
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login