fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Cleared my PMP Exam today !!

Cleared my PMP Exam today !! 7 years 8 months ago #7980

• Pramod Kumar R
  • Pramod Kumar R's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Thanks PM PrepCast team as your simulator helped me a lot to understand the concepts and hints provided assisted with the approach on 'how to tackle questions' during the actual exam. The language and format of simulator was close to the real exam. Also, the actual exam had a built in simple calculator.

The questions were 'tricky' - so for people who are planning to appear for the exam -please ensure to have a clear understanding of the Process Data Flow (diagrams on PMBOK) & various terminologies including the glossary.

For my preparation I used Head First, Rita and PMBOK

PMBOK is a must read atleast twice including the glossary to get acquainted with ITTO. I know its a bit difficult to read PMBOK 'once' but its invaluable during exam.
I found Headfirst to be more 'brain friendly' than Rita to understand as it provides graphics/illustrations so it helps remember stuff . Having said that the Rita's explanation on certain processes especially Risk Management and Procurement Management is 'top class'

I read PMBOK, followed by Headfirst and then used Rita which helped a lot.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mark Wuenscher, PMP
Last edit: by Mark Wuenscher, PMP. Reason: changed Prepcast to PM PrepCast

Cleared my PMP Exam today !! 7 years 8 months ago #7985

• Lazard Toe, ITBMC, MPM, CIPM, PMP, ITIL
  • Lazard Toe, ITBMC, MPM, CIPM, PMP, ITIL's Avatar
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 14
Congratulations and welcome to the family.
Thank you for sharing your experience.

Best regards

Cleared my PMP Exam today !! 7 years 8 months ago #7988

• Ahmed Amin
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 73
Congratulations Pramod, well deserved (Y).
Ahmed Amin Abdullah, PMP
Community Moderator
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login