fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: pass on 1st try, 12th of April 2016

pass on 1st try, 12th of April 2016 7 years 11 months ago #7260

• Martin Reinhard
  • Martin Reinhard's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Last things first:
- 12.04.16 pass with proficient in all 5 domains
- Pmp exam simulator is a great tool. I took all 8 “standard” exams’ with initially +/- 80 % and finally > 90 %. Even that the judgement is very subjective I would think that the level of difficulty of the simulator is comparable with the level of my final exam.
- I am especially proud of scoring exam 9 “ITTO Questions only” with 94.50 % without trying to memorize a lot. It is as Cornelius Fichtner says; understanding how the processes are interlinked is the key. Similar to what happens with the test at the PMP exam simulator I felt during the real exam that nobody tried to trick me with the provided answers, especially not about ITTOs.
- My dumb sheet was very short. I did not look at it once during the exam. I still recommend doing it because it helped me getting “down and focused” at the beginning as the test environment stressed me a little bit.
- I had less questions about formulas as expected; they were rather easy and, once again, fair. The pmp-formula-pocket guide is the perfect summarization of all one needs to know about this.
- From early December 2015 – early April 2016 I watched and listened (very convenient that it works “voice only” as well) the prepcast, revisited my appointments and answered samples questions.
- End of January 2016 I achieved the 35 hours education certificate, applied for the exam, was not audited and scheduled the exam.
- From July 2015 until end of November 2015 I worked intensively through the pmbok guide, made notes in the form of mind maps for each pmp book chapter and read in parallel “Achieve PMP exam success, 5th editon”. It was during this time I understood the beauty of the concepts of the pmbok and started applying them in my daily work. Studying was everyday a little bit early in the morning and on Saturday afternoons.
- On 30.06.2015 I committed myself to go for the exam and became a member of PMI.
- During June 2015 I checked my standing with regard to the eligibility criteria, especially with regard to the necessary project hours. I spend considerable time to prepare and document in detail the hours. I felt good, having true figures I could relay on case I should be audited.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tracey South, Gunaseelan Shanmugam

pass on 1st try, 12th of April 2016 7 years 11 months ago #7261

• Tracey South
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 27
Congratulations Martin! Thanks for including your work back plan.

Tracey
Community Moderator

pass on 1st try, 12th of April 2016 7 years 11 months ago #7264

• Lazard Toe, ITBMC, MPM, CIPM, PMP, ITIL
  • Lazard Toe, ITBMC, MPM, CIPM, PMP, ITIL's Avatar
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 14
Congrats and thank you for your feedback
Welcome to the club.

ALl the best

pass on 1st try, 12th of April 2016 7 years 11 months ago #7265

• Michael DeCicco
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 44
Martin, I find your roadmap to be the style I used and often my advice to people is take your time. The length of time you study is certainly an indicator of how well you will perform on the exam. Of course, the quality of that time is important and by laying out the plan as you do here, it was undoubtedly time well spent. Continue to tell your story and help others earn their PMP.
Congratulations
Yours Respectfully
Michael DeCicco, PMP
Community Moderator

pass on 1st try, 12th of April 2016 7 years 11 months ago #7266

• Rahul Kakkar
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 56
Congratulations Martin!

Thank you for sharing your detailed work plan. Liked the way you presented it!

All the best for the PDUs
Rahul Kakkar, PMP, MBA
Community Moderator

How are we doing? Your opinion matters. To help us improve, please check out our survey at www.surveymonkey.com/s/pmpexamforum

pass on 1st try, 12th of April 2016 7 years 11 months ago #7269

• Chris Preziotti
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
Congrats on the passing the exam! I had a similar study strategy as well, and it definitely paid off.

Thanks for sharing your detailed plan!
Chris Preziotti, PMP
Community Moderator

pass on 1st try, 12th of April 2016 7 years 11 months ago #7276

• Ahmed Amin
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 73
Congratulations, that was a long Journey, but I think 5 Ps will let you relax and appreciate all the efforts you have done. well done :)
Ahmed Amin Abdullah, PMP
Community Moderator

pass on 1st try, 12th of April 2016 7 years 11 months ago #7278

• Jeremy Papp
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 10
Great news.
I used a similar approach in that I had a timeline broken down by material. I fount it helpful to qualify the progress with exams and used opportunities where I was behind/ahead each week to adjust. A GANTT chart is so much simpler when there is a single resource right?

Jeremy
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login