fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Rita Mulcahy vs Head First vs PMBOK

Rita Mulcahy vs Head First vs PMBOK 8 years 1 week ago #7142

• Vikram
  • Vikram's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hello,

I have three books in my possession and have been advised that all are extremely good. Can you please tell me if three are necessary to go through to pass PMP, this may sound a generic question and a lot depend on the individual's study plan as well as learning capability but on an average is PMPBOK guide + Head First OR PMBOK guide + Rita Mulcahy book enough?

Vikram

Rita Mulcahy vs Head First vs PMBOK 8 years 1 week ago #7143

• Lazard Toe, ITBMC, MPM, CIPM, PMP, ITIL
  • Lazard Toe, ITBMC, MPM, CIPM, PMP, ITIL's Avatar
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 14
Dear Sir,
the PMBOK is a must. Rita is highly advised because presents many situational case and has good questions. I have used these documents for my study. You would also use material like resource of Cornelius better go for the bundle. I enjoyed the videos and the simulator is the best.

Best regards

Rita Mulcahy vs Head First vs PMBOK 8 years 1 week ago #7144

• Ahmed Amin
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 73
bottom line answer is Yes.
but this depends on many factors like: what is your baseline information and experience, what level of details and focus you will dedicate, does your study style match the book style, etc.

my recommendation is if you have time, utilize the material you have. every book will definitely add to your knowledge and I personally favor heads first over Rita's.
Ahmed Amin Abdullah, PMP
Community Moderator

Rita Mulcahy vs Head First vs PMBOK 8 years 1 week ago #7148

• Scott Gillard
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 29
It depends on your style. Importance is the PMBOK. That's a must.
EASE of being able to understand and not struggle through the "dryness" would be (easy to hard):
Head First (like "for dummies" format)
Rita (like a text book)
Pmbok (like a dictionary)
Community Moderator

Rita Mulcahy vs Head First vs PMBOK 8 years 1 week ago #7156

• Michael
  • Michael's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
What is the latest edition for Rita Mulcahy?

Rita Mulcahy vs Head First vs PMBOK 8 years 1 week ago #7157

• Rahul Kakkar
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 56

Michael wrote: What is the latest edition for Rita Mulcahy?

For the PMP exam prep, it would be the Eighth Edition.
Rahul Kakkar, PMP, MBA
Community Moderator

How are we doing? Your opinion matters. To help us improve, please check out our survey at www.surveymonkey.com/s/pmpexamforum

Rita Mulcahy vs Head First vs PMBOK 5 years 3 months ago #16033

• Pmbok
  • Pmbok's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I am in the process to buy a book between Ritas and PMBOK I like to have the hability to manage a project using the best techniques. Do you recommend based on your comments to first get PMBOK am I correct? Please give me an advice.

Rita Mulcahy vs Head First vs PMBOK 4 years 6 months ago #18513

• Anonymous
  • Anonymous's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Thanks a lot for your clear explanation. I am now reading Head First and will learn PMBOK later although my training is based on PMBOK.

Rita Mulcahy vs Head First vs PMBOK 11 months 2 weeks ago #30413

• Tilda
  • Tilda's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi, If I had to take between Cornelius bundle and simulator +Rita, what would you suggest?

Rita Mulcahy vs Head First vs PMBOK 11 months 2 weeks ago #30416

• Harry Elston
  • Thank you received: 144
Tilda,

It really isn't an "either-or" proposition. Each guide or reference material adds a dimension to your learning. Personally, I used the PM-Prepcast and the Exam Simulator in conjunction with a hard copy of the PMBOK guide and Head First. The Prepcast, PMBOK and Exam Simulator were the core of my study and Head First was a tool that put it all together in a way I could understand the material. It was also lighthearted and down to earth in its presentation.

Good luck,

Harry
+++++
Harry J. Elston, Ph.D., CIH, PMP
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login