fbpx

Reply: Confusion regarding Direct and Manage project Work vs Stakeholder, HR, and Communications Mgmt

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Confusion regarding Direct and Manage project Work vs Stakeholder, HR, and Communications Mgmt

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
8 years 4 months ago #6655

Cecil D'Souza

David

Here is the follow-up to my previous post. The example question is from PMSTUDY.com

Project integration management includes the processes and activities needed to identify, define, combine, unify, and coordinate the various processes and project management activities. For successful project integration management, you definitely need (select the best answer):

a. A strong matrix organizational structure in your company
b. A good communication management plan
c. Good project selection techniques
d. Positive stakeholders who support the project

And the answer is quite clear if you understood my previous post.
8 years 4 months ago #6654

Cecil D'Souza

David

I think that even though each of these activities come under their respective Knowledge area, in this case, they are integrated with regard to the Project integration management.

An example would be 'Collect requirements' where all stakeholders are involved to provide their input but the process through which this is done is through 'Manage communications' (Execution) which is related or part of the Plan Communications management (Planning). The Plan Communications management is a subsidiary plan of Project Management plan (Planning), the latter of which comes under Project integration management.

It is the same with Manage stakeholder Engagement. The only way that is performed apart from Input, tools and techniques used is through the manage Communications process.

If I am wrong, perhaps, somebody may correct me.
8 years 4 months ago #6597

David Kornaros

PMBOK 4.3 (p. 80-81) "Direct and Manage Project Work activities include....establish and manage project communication channels.... Manage the team members assigned to the project.....manage stakeholders and their engagement"
I thought these activities were handled as part of the Manage Communications, Manage Project Team, and Manage Stakeholder Processes.
Am I missing something?

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login