fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Confusion regarding Direct and Manage project Work vs Stakeholder, HR, and Communications Mgmt

Confusion regarding Direct and Manage project Work vs Stakeholder, HR, and Communications Mgmt 8 years 4 months ago #6597

• David Kornaros
  • David Kornaros's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
PMBOK 4.3 (p. 80-81) "Direct and Manage Project Work activities include....establish and manage project communication channels.... Manage the team members assigned to the project.....manage stakeholders and their engagement"
I thought these activities were handled as part of the Manage Communications, Manage Project Team, and Manage Stakeholder Processes.
Am I missing something?

Confusion regarding Direct and Manage project Work vs Stakeholder, HR, and Communications Mgmt 8 years 4 months ago #6654

• Cecil D'Souza
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 7
David

I think that even though each of these activities come under their respective Knowledge area, in this case, they are integrated with regard to the Project integration management.

An example would be 'Collect requirements' where all stakeholders are involved to provide their input but the process through which this is done is through 'Manage communications' (Execution) which is related or part of the Plan Communications management (Planning). The Plan Communications management is a subsidiary plan of Project Management plan (Planning), the latter of which comes under Project integration management.

It is the same with Manage stakeholder Engagement. The only way that is performed apart from Input, tools and techniques used is through the manage Communications process.

If I am wrong, perhaps, somebody may correct me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Kornaros

Confusion regarding Direct and Manage project Work vs Stakeholder, HR, and Communications Mgmt 8 years 4 months ago #6655

• Cecil D'Souza
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 7
David

Here is the follow-up to my previous post. The example question is from PMSTUDY.com

Project integration management includes the processes and activities needed to identify, define, combine, unify, and coordinate the various processes and project management activities. For successful project integration management, you definitely need (select the best answer):

a. A strong matrix organizational structure in your company
b. A good communication management plan
c. Good project selection techniques
d. Positive stakeholders who support the project

And the answer is quite clear if you understood my previous post.
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Kornaros
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenAlexander AnikinElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login