fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: BIG Thanks!

BIG Thanks! 8 years 5 months ago #6524

• Andrew Allen
  • Andrew Allen's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Hello everyone.
A quick note to say what an excellent tool; the exam.pm-exam-simulator. In fact the questions in my view were harder in the simulator vs. the exam itself... a very good thing :-)
I did pass the PMP exam yesterday with some additional mental attitude adjustments, and of course, I did study, study, study!
Here's my list, that I told myself (in my brain dump) in readiness and during the exam:

1. Breath, breath, breath
2. Know that you have gaps, it's OK
3. Yes, I am a slow reader, do not panic
4. Yes, I am going to be successful
5. Yes, I am confident
6, Yes, I will attack the exam and own it, it will not own me
7. Yes, plan a break and take it during the exam ….it works wonders.
-Andy
The following user(s) said Thank You: Christopher Cunningham

BIG Thanks! 8 years 5 months ago #6525

• Chris Preziotti
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
Thanks for sharing your insight, Andy.

I also thought the PM Exam Simulator was invaluable in my preparation. When you take a full length practice exam, you learn your natural pace for answering questions and figure out how many "Mark for Review"s you should expect. Peace of mind is the best by-product for taking a practice test.
Chris Preziotti, PMP
Community Moderator
Last edit: by Chris Preziotti.

BIG Thanks! 8 years 5 months ago #6526

• lazard
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
These are the right steps you have described. I would add. You should relax, you don't need to know everything or score 100% correct answers. Thank you

BIG Thanks! 8 years 5 months ago #6527

• lazard
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Also do not waste your time on difficult questions or wordy and long calculation questions. Have in mind that you just to answer about 80% the questions correctly. I passed my PMP with Proficiency on executing process Group and moderate Proficiency for the 4 other process Group. Thank you

BIG Thanks! 8 years 5 months ago #6528

• Yasir Mehmood
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 11
Congratulations Andrew! Earning the certification is a huge accomplishment especially as more and more jobs specifically ask for it for Project Manager positions.

I really like your suggestion about being positive and remaining dedicated to the process! It takes work but it is definitely worth it in the end. I would also add that all test takers should practice creating a brain dump a couple of days before your exam and time yourself so you can master it - it helps tremendously especially when your mind starts to get tired!

Congrats again and welcome to the PMP club!

P.S - for future test takers: I agree in principle with the message above that you do not need to get 100% of the answers right - just don't let your guard down! Remember that everything worth achieving requires hard work otherwise it wouldn't be valuable. I personally did mark the longer questions to come back to later. You'll have more than enough time to do so! Don't take any question lightly :)
Yasir Mehmood, MBA, PMP, PMI-ACP, CSM, CSP, CLP (LeSS), CSPO
Community Moderator
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eric Schnarr
Last edit: by Yasir Mehmood.

BIG Thanks! 8 years 5 months ago #6531

• Tracey South
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 27
Fantastic news Andy! Congratulations.

Tracey
Community Moderator

BIG Thanks! 8 years 5 months ago #6548

• Ahmed Amin
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 73
Congratulation Andrew, Welcome to the club ;)

and nice tips by the way.
Ahmed Amin Abdullah, PMP
Community Moderator

BIG Thanks! 8 years 4 months ago #6718

• Anita Gupta
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
congratulations !! Andrew.
Yes. Memory dump work very well. Even i had used this while giving exam. I had written all the formulas which i had learned while studying . While solving the questions ,yes it helped me to save time.
Memory dump work like magic stick when ur worried about upcoming questions.. Use ur tutorial time for writing the memory dump on practice sheet provided by prometric centre.
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenAlexander AnikinElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login