fbpx

Reply: I feel like I'm ready...

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : I feel like I'm ready...

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 months 2 weeks ago #31068

Daniel Soerensen

Hello Surjeet,

Not sure where you stand now with the exam, but based on what you mentioned it seems like you have prepared enough for the exam, and I would recommend you no longer delay it. Best of luck and let us know how it goes. You got this!
4 months 1 week ago #30988

Surjeet Singh

's Avatar

John C. wrote: Hi all

So I've been prepping like NUTS for a few months now after taking a month hiatus from prepping for the exam after failing on my first attempt back in July. Previous to that initial attempt I had taken a 5 session prep course over a span of 5 weeks...

So here I am now at a decision point in trying to assess whether or not I'm ready to schedule this thing and finally get it DONE. In the past few months I've gone through all the prepcast videos, taken many quizzes (averaging 80% - 100% correct on most of them). And most importantly in the last few weeks I have taken 4 full length exams, the initial one wasn't so hot, 75%, but the three after that have been 85%, 85% and 83% (all moderately proficients and proficients). Have also been doing intense reviews after each exam to understand why I got things incorrect. I'm thinking of one more exam this weekend, but am feeling like I should schedule the exam for real soon! I'm feeling really confident but am also a bit OCD and keep thinking about the last attempt and how much I want to mitigate the risk of failing this time as much as I can.

So any insights, or confidence boosting anyone can offer here? :) I'm thinking I'm ready to take this now and am ready to pass. It will be my second attempt. If I fail, (which I don't think I will, UNLESS the exam is completely different than what I've been seeing in the prepcast exam simulators), I know I'll have one more quick attempt before the end of this year to retest HOWEVER I don't think it will come to that.

Thoughts? To schedule, or not to schedule, that is the question! :)

8 years 5 months ago #6345

John C.

's Avatar

Hi Jay

Initially I took a 5 week/5 session prep course in June of this year, using Andy Crowe's book, and even though the course itself gave me a great knowledge base, it didn't really focus too well on a solid test-taking strategy. As a result, I failed my initial attempt in July. Then at the beginning of September I purchased Cornelius Fitchner's PM PrepCast video lessons and PM Exam simulator and both those tools REALLY helped me put into much better perspective all the information I had previously learned to the point that I really understood it this around; and the Exam Simulator was also an excellent tool for helping me to better pace myself during the exam and helped me to truly understand the test-taking strategy needed for this particular exam. I hope this helps! Good luck with your studies!
8 years 5 months ago #6332

Jay Fitzgerald

's Avatar

John,

I too, failed the exam on my first attempt just a couple of weeks ago. Besides the PM PrepCast, what other tools did you use to prepare for this second shot? Like you, I want to make my second attempt my LAST attempt.
8 years 5 months ago #6326

John C.

's Avatar

Thanks Rahul!

As long as the real exam will fairly represent these PM prepcast full length mock exams I've been taking lately, all things considered, I'm feeling really good about this now! :) Thanks again!
8 years 5 months ago #6325

John C.

's Avatar

You're right! Thanks Dawn! :)

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login