fbpx

Reply: Pay for PMP exam before starting with self study?

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Pay for PMP exam before starting with self study?

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
7 months 4 weeks ago #30752

Dominic Hickey

As mentioned above and in the PMI Certifications Handbook the one-year eligibility period starts as soon as an application has been approved, not after the payment.
8 months 1 day ago #30740

Rayhanul Haque

's Avatar

Examination Eligibility timer starts after I pay? or after the application is approved?
7 years 1 month ago #9990

Cornelius Fichtner

Dragana,

After your PMP application has been approved by PMI you have 1 year to take the exam. So there is enough time.

However... you can ONLY submit your application if you fulfill ALL the requirements that are outlined in the PMP Handbook on page 6. For example: If you do not yet have 35 contact hours of training, then you cannot submit the application. PMI will not accept your application if anything is missing.
7 years 1 month ago #9989

Dragana Radic

's Avatar

Dear,
My company is willing to pay for my PMP exam latest in June 2017, however, due to certain obligations I will not be able to devote myself fully to studying for the exam.

After I make the payment, what is the latest when I can schedule the exam itself? Can I take it say in November 2017?

Of course, I will complete the necessary PMP course prep before making the payment. I am familiar with the eligibility requirements.

Thank you in advance for the response
Dragana
8 years 8 months ago #5907

Ahmed Amin

Hello christian,

I recommend that you check the PMP handbook .

according to the PMP handbook:
- you can do the payment only after you submit your application and the application is reviewed by PMI. the review SLA is 5 days (but usually it is only 1 or 2 days).
- once your payment is completed. you can proceed with scheuling the exam unless you got audited. audit process SLA is 90 days (but usually takes 1 to 2 weeks)
- the examination eligibility period is 1 Year. during this year you can schedule up to 3 exams.

Good Luck.
8 years 8 months ago #5901

Christian Winter

Is it possible to pay the exam fee at PMI today (or next days), then start self study (via PMP prepcast) and later on (some months) take the exam?
I am asking, because my company does offer me to pay for the self study material and the exam in case the invoice is from July. If the invoice is from a later date I would need to pay by myself.

Thanks,
Christian

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login