Welcome, Guest
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Pay for PMP exam before starting with self study?

Pay for PMP exam before starting with self study? 1 year 2 months ago #5901

• Christian Winter
  • Thank you received: 1
Is it possible to pay the exam fee at PMI today (or next days), then start self study (via PMP prepcast) and later on (some months) take the exam?
I am asking, because my company does offer me to pay for the self study material and the exam in case the invoice is from July. If the invoice is from a later date I would need to pay by myself.

Pay for PMP exam before starting with self study? 1 year 2 months ago #5907

• Ahmed Amin
  • Thank you received: 41
Hello christian,

I recommend that you check the PMP handbook.

according to the PMP handbook:
- you can do the payment only after you submit your application and the application is reviewed by PMI. the review SLA is 5 days (but usually it is only 1 or 2 days).
- once your payment is completed. you can proceed with scheuling the exam unless you got audited. audit process SLA is 90 days (but usually takes 1 to 2 weeks)
- the examination eligibility period is 1 Year. during this year you can schedule up to 3 exams.

Good Luck.
Ahmed Amin Abdullah, PMP
Community Moderator
Moderators: Yolanda Mabutas, Ahmed Amin, Michael DeCicco, Rahul Kakkar, Fernando Jr Sinlao Lim, Jeremy Raelin, Mary Kathrine Padua, Yasir Mehmood, Chris Preziotti, Lazard Toe, ITBMC, MPM, CIPM, PMP, ITIL, Christian Winter, Kevin Nason, Michael Sumaquial, PMP, Mark Wuenscher, PMP