fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Chapter wise questions for prep and study plan

Chapter wise questions for prep and study plan 8 years 10 months ago #5731

• Praveen Chandra
  • Praveen Chandra's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
hello there,
I am preparing for PMP.
Currently using Prepcast, Rita's book and Head first and ofcourse PMBOK in conjunction.
I am moving forward chapter wise from all simultaneously and obviously its taking lot of time.
I am looking forward for suggestions from people on the forum for their guidance and help so that i can understand if i am doing the right thing.
Another question i have is regarding practice questions. I am looking for additional practice questions chapter wise so that as and when i finish up a knowledge area, i can practice enough questions in that area to clear all understanding.
Can someone suggest any good resource. I am willing to pay for it.
I have purchased the simulator but those are full length exams with everything in it so i am keeping it safe until i finish all knowledge areas.
Looking for help, suggestion and guidance from fellow aspirants and from admins and moderators and people who have cleared the exam and of course from Mr Fichtner :)

Thanks in advance,
Praveen Chandra

Chapter wise questions for prep and study plan 8 years 10 months ago #5733

• Ahmed Amin
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 73
Hello Praveen,

Regarding finishing one chapter simultaneously from all your books, I personally don't recommend this as it would be very lengthy and it wouldn't be adding much value. what i recommend is to leave one or two references for revision and review, example below:

1- Read the head first book (i recommend to start with this book as it is easy to digest and the way it is written helps to memorize things).
2- Skim over the PMBOK guide parallel with watching the prepCast.
3- always take your notes and keep them up to date.
4- use Rita's for the final reviews
5- take simulator exams(make sure to review the weak points after each exam so that you always score better in subsequent exams).
6- use your notes and brain dumps for reviews during the simulator exams and for the final review before the real exam.
Ahmed Amin Abdullah, PMP
Community Moderator

Chapter wise questions for prep and study plan 8 years 10 months ago #5734

• Praveen Chandra
  • Praveen Chandra's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Hello Ahmed,
Thanks for your response. what you have mentioned sounds right for a decent study plan.
Appreciate it.
Could you please help me and guide to find out if there are any good resources for knowledge area wise tests available?

Thanks,
Praveen

Chapter wise questions for prep and study plan 8 years 10 months ago #5736

• Ahmed Amin
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 73
you can check the below URL which contains links to many free sample questions, I am sure you will find something that may satisfy your requirement.
Link: www.pm-exam-simulator.com/index.php/reso...xam-sample-questions

also, I did a simple search and i found a book that exactly matches your requirements (I didn't try it my self)
www.amazon.com/1000-Challenge-PMP-Questi...ations/dp/1493531840

also the PM Exam simulator offers free 3 days trial. you can give it a try, I have seen many people writing very positive feedback about it.

Good Luck.
Ahmed Amin Abdullah, PMP
Community Moderator

Chapter wise questions for prep and study plan 8 years 10 months ago #5745

• Rahul Kakkar
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 56

Praveen Chandra wrote: Hello Ahmed,
Thanks for your response. what you have mentioned sounds right for a decent study plan.
Appreciate it.
Could you please help me and guide to find out if there are any good resources for knowledge area wise tests available?

Thanks,
Praveen

Hi Praveen,

Have you taken a look at our PM StudyCoach ? It is a 10-week long course, which comes with supplementary study materials, in the form of videos, podcasts, worksheets, articles, as well as reading and homework assignments.

R
Rahul Kakkar, PMP, MBA
Community Moderator

How are we doing? Your opinion matters. To help us improve, please check out our survey at www.surveymonkey.com/s/pmpexamforum

Chapter wise questions for prep and study plan 6 years 4 months ago #12685

• ashvini
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Who is the author of head first book ? Please share the author name & publication.

Chapter wise questions for prep and study plan 6 years 4 months ago #12690

• ashvini
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Please share the full title of head first book for PMP, its author's name & publication

Chapter wise questions for prep and study plan 6 years 4 months ago #12696

• Nagarajan N
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi Ashvini,

If you are going to appear for the PMP exam prior to Mar 26, 2018, you can use Head First 3rd Edition. Authors are Jennifer Greene & Andrew Stellman. If you do a search in Amazon or a similar website, you will see it. Hope this helps.

Thanks
Nagaraj
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login