fbpx

Reply: Passed my PMP Exam today (3/28/15) with 5 MP's

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed my PMP Exam today (3/28/15) with 5 MP's

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
8 years 11 months ago #5355

Sarah Burden

Congratulations Manjusha,

I would agree that mock exams need to be taken earlier in the study plan, as you do need to be able to sit for 4 hours.

I managed to complete all questions with 10 minutes to spare, but it as tough to complete in the time given.

Welcome to the PMP world!

Sarah

How are we doing? Your opinion matters. To help us improve, please check out our survey at www.surveymonkey.com/s/pmpexamforum
8 years 11 months ago #5343

Manjusha Guntur

Jermey,

If i start my study plan with prev experience, I would listen to PM PrepCast and read PMBOK. Then at this point i would start my simulator exams and not wait till last 10 days. Based on results, I would go back and listen to videos or refer PMBOK on my weak areas and continue to write simulator exams and mock exams by Christopher Scordo.

I felt it's important to keep in touch with Videos, exams or books every day. I lost motivation to study and relaxed when ever i didn't study for a day or two. Last week, i even thought to postpone the exam but i didn't thinking i might not concentrate at least this much next time :)

Also, i would put little more effort last couple of weeks and keep myself in track. Due to work pressure because of release i wasn't able to concentrate last two weeks before my exam.
8 years 11 months ago #5342

Jeremy Papp

Congratulations, Manjusha!

I'll bet it was quite stressful not having time to review, let alone leave questions unanswered.

Even though you passed, would you mind sharing any Lessons Learned or what you would do differently if starting you study plan again?

Jeremy
8 years 11 months ago #5340

Manjusha Guntur

Thanks Andre :)
8 years 11 months ago #5339

Andre Roux

Congratulations Manjusha,

Your preparation followed a similar path to mine. I was always able to complete the simulator exams in time with about 10-15 minutes left for reviewing some of my answers. On day of exam I also ran out of time and had to leave last few questions unanswered (think I actually just submitted guesses in last minute or two), but still passed.

Perhaps the time in exam simulator questions is something to be looked into, unless there is something else at play, like exam day nerves, etc.

Anyway, congrats, and hope the PMP serves you well going forward.

Regards
8 years 11 months ago #5338

Manjusha Guntur

I thought to do mock exams only on last 10 days and due to work pressure i ended up writing only a couple of them. I got below proficient in one group and moderately proficient in 4 groups.

I was bit concerned and took another exam after reading PMBOK again...i got 3 MP's and 2 Proficient. Final exam was almost like simulator except that questions were too lengthy.

I suggest to use simulator as a practice not just for pmp questions but also to be able to sit for 4 hrs and take test.

When i took 1st simulator test i felt exhausted and was not able to sit for 4 hrs.

Good Luck,
Manjusha

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login