fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Passed my PMP Exam today (3/28/15) with 5 MP's

Passed my PMP Exam today (3/28/15) with 5 MP's 9 years 3 weeks ago #5332

• Manjusha Guntur
  • Manjusha Guntur's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Study Plan:
1. For contact hours i purchased PM PrepCast and listened to videos by Cornelius Fichtner.
2. Read PMBOK
3. Christopher Scordo book for mock exams
4. PMP Exam simulator from OSP International LLC
5. Read PMBOK again last week
6. Took Oliver 175 questions test.

My total preparation was for 45 days (3 hours per day ).

I personally loved videos by Cornelius Fichtner. A special thanks to Fichtner for helping me in my journey to get certified.

Today's Exam Experience:

Questions on exam were very lengthy...Many questions were on procurement (type of contracts), Change control and cost. I got some questions in which we have to remember tools and techniques. I had no time to review. I had no time to answer last 10 questions though i haven't took any break. overall...it was good but very very tiring

Thanks !
Manjusha

Passed my PMP Exam today (3/28/15) with 5 MP's 9 years 3 weeks ago #5333

• Ahmed Amin
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 73
Congratulations Manjusha, that was pretty short preparation period, yet you did it. Well done :)
Ahmed Amin Abdullah, PMP
Community Moderator
The following user(s) said Thank You: Manjusha Guntur

Passed my PMP Exam today (3/28/15) with 5 MP's 9 years 3 weeks ago #5334

• anil
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi congrats,

Pleas share how was the exam compared to the simulator ? Easy or harder or similar ?

what were your scores on the exam and on the mock tests, if you would like to share.

Thanks

Passed my PMP Exam today (3/28/15) with 5 MP's 9 years 3 weeks ago #5335

• Dawn Upperman
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 19
Hi Manjusha,

Congratulations on passing your exam. You must feel so relieved!

Passed my PMP Exam today (3/28/15) with 5 MP's 9 years 3 weeks ago #5336

• Rahul Kakkar
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 56

Manjusha Guntur wrote: Study Plan:
1. For contact hours i purchased PM PrepCast and listened to videos by Cornelius Fichtner.
2. Read PMBOK
3. Christopher Scordo book for mock exams
4. PMP Exam simulator from OSP International LLC
5. Read PMBOK again last week
6. Took Oliver 175 questions test.

My total preparation was for 45 days (3 hours per day ).

I personally loved videos by Cornelius Fichtner. A special thanks to Fichtner for helping me in my journey to get certified.

Today's Exam Experience:

Questions on exam were very lengthy...Many questions were on procurement (type of contracts), Change control and cost. I got some questions in which we have to remember tools and techniques. I had no time to review. I had no time to answer last 10 questions though i haven't took any break. overall...it was good but very very tiring

Thanks !
Manjusha

Congratulations! 45 days is a short turn-around time.
Rahul Kakkar, PMP, MBA
Community Moderator

How are we doing? Your opinion matters. To help us improve, please check out our survey at www.surveymonkey.com/s/pmpexamforum

Passed my PMP Exam today (3/28/15) with 5 MP's 9 years 3 weeks ago #5338

• Manjusha Guntur
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
I thought to do mock exams only on last 10 days and due to work pressure i ended up writing only a couple of them. I got below proficient in one group and moderately proficient in 4 groups.

I was bit concerned and took another exam after reading PMBOK again...i got 3 MP's and 2 Proficient. Final exam was almost like simulator except that questions were too lengthy.

I suggest to use simulator as a practice not just for pmp questions but also to be able to sit for 4 hrs and take test.

When i took 1st simulator test i felt exhausted and was not able to sit for 4 hrs.

Good Luck,
Manjusha

Passed my PMP Exam today (3/28/15) with 5 MP's 9 years 3 weeks ago #5339

• Andre Roux
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Congratulations Manjusha,

Your preparation followed a similar path to mine. I was always able to complete the simulator exams in time with about 10-15 minutes left for reviewing some of my answers. On day of exam I also ran out of time and had to leave last few questions unanswered (think I actually just submitted guesses in last minute or two), but still passed.

Perhaps the time in exam simulator questions is something to be looked into, unless there is something else at play, like exam day nerves, etc.

Anyway, congrats, and hope the PMP serves you well going forward.

Regards
André Roux (PMP)
Community Moderator

Passed my PMP Exam today (3/28/15) with 5 MP's 9 years 3 weeks ago #5340

• Manjusha Guntur
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks Andre :)

Passed my PMP Exam today (3/28/15) with 5 MP's 9 years 3 weeks ago #5342

• Jeremy Papp
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 10
Congratulations, Manjusha!

I'll bet it was quite stressful not having time to review, let alone leave questions unanswered.

Even though you passed, would you mind sharing any Lessons Learned or what you would do differently if starting you study plan again?

Jeremy

Passed my PMP Exam today (3/28/15) with 5 MP's 9 years 3 weeks ago #5343

• Manjusha Guntur
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Jermey,

If i start my study plan with prev experience, I would listen to PM PrepCast and read PMBOK. Then at this point i would start my simulator exams and not wait till last 10 days. Based on results, I would go back and listen to videos or refer PMBOK on my weak areas and continue to write simulator exams and mock exams by Christopher Scordo.

I felt it's important to keep in touch with Videos, exams or books every day. I lost motivation to study and relaxed when ever i didn't study for a day or two. Last week, i even thought to postpone the exam but i didn't thinking i might not concentrate at least this much next time :)

Also, i would put little more effort last couple of weeks and keep myself in track. Due to work pressure because of release i wasn't able to concentrate last two weeks before my exam.
Last edit: by Mary Kathrine Padua.

Passed my PMP Exam today (3/28/15) with 5 MP's 9 years 3 weeks ago #5355

• Sarah Burden
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Congratulations Manjusha,

I would agree that mock exams need to be taken earlier in the study plan, as you do need to be able to sit for 4 hours.

I managed to complete all questions with 10 minutes to spare, but it as tough to complete in the time given.

Welcome to the PMP world!

Sarah

How are we doing? Your opinion matters. To help us improve, please check out our survey at www.surveymonkey.com/s/pmpexamforum
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenAlexander AnikinElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login