fbpx

Reply: What is the Best Exam Stimulators for PMP

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : What is the Best Exam Stimulators for PMP

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
9 years 3 weeks ago #5231

Farid Hadj-Hamou

Thank you for the valuable inputs - I agree with your plan.

Farid
9 years 3 weeks ago #5226

Craig Arcuri

That number (80%) seems to be a good measuring stick. My thinking was that the more PMP Exam Simulator tests I could take and score 80% or above, the less chance that the real test would expose a weakness in my knowledge base. Ok, I over did it and took 8 practice exams! But I think 3 or 4 would be a solid indicator of where you're at. I just didn't want my scores bouncing all over the place (they didn't, they steadily improved). Finally, on my last test, my score plummeted slightly and I determined I was a little burned out at that point. I took a couple days completely off and scheduled the test. Hope this helps.
9 years 3 weeks ago #5224

Farid Hadj-Hamou

Is it safe to say that when someone reach 80% on few simulation exams that the person is ready to take the real PMP exam?

Thank you

Farid
9 years 3 weeks ago #5219

Dawn Upperman

Hi Li Mei Lin,
I, too, just used the PM Exam Simulator and found that to be sufficient. I also used the PM Prepcast and Rita Mulcahy's PMP Exam Prep book. I felt I was well prepared for the exam. I did not see the need to check out multiple simulators. I think, for me, that may have been confusing. Best of luck!
9 years 3 weeks ago #5218

Steve Sandoval

Hello Li Mei Lin,

Personally, I used the PM Exam Simulator. Like Craig, I found it realistic and appreciated the significant number of full exams. It worked very well for me, and I also give it a high recommendation.

I did not feel the need to do multiple different full exam simulators. Instead, I used the PM Prepcast, and Rita Mulchay's PMP Exam Prep book. Both of those had sets of questions at the end of each chapter or segment. I found these shorter question sets (typically about 25 questions after each chapter) to be quite helpful when studying each specific topic. When it came time to practice doing a full exam, the PM Exam Simulator did a very good job for me, and I did not feel the need to try any other simulators in order to feel ready for the test.

Good luck!
9 years 1 month ago #5214

Craig Arcuri

Hello,
I would expect due to cost that most people researched exam simulators and just picked one. I chose the PMP Exam Simulator and can only speak to that one. You never really know until you actually take the test. But in hindsight, I found it very realistic compared to the actual test and would highly recommend it. There are 8 full 4 hour tests and another devoted to just ITTOs.
I had a concern that after taking 8 of these tests I would get good at just the PMP Exam Simulator tests. Probably an unwarranted concern but I wanted to supplement this preparation with a few other tests. To do that, I also took the Oliver Lehmann and Sean Whitaker tests which are readily available and free. Do not get discouraged if your scores are a little lower on these highly demanding tests. It was helpful to see exam type questions presented by a completely different author and slightly different point of view.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login