fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: What is the Best Exam Stimulators for PMP

What is the Best Exam Stimulators for PMP 9 years 1 month ago #5209

• Tess Williams
  • Tess Williams 's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi all,

Did anyone tried out multiple exam stimulators? Which one is the best? I have heard that the Simplilearn one posts some actual questions. I would appreciate any recommendations on which one I should be purchasing or if I need to purchase multiple ones. Thank you for your time.

What is the Best Exam Stimulators for PMP 9 years 1 month ago #5210

• Cornelius Fichtner
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • President, OSP International LLC
  • Thank you received: 606
Good morning Li Mei Lin!

One thing that I can tell you about exam simulators is this : Nobody has access to "actual questions". Students sometimes say things like "Simulator X is almost like the real exam". But that does not mean that the simulator has "real" exam questions in it.
Until Next Time,
Cornelius Fichtner, PMP, CSM
President, OSP International LLC

What is the Best Exam Stimulators for PMP 9 years 1 month ago #5214

• Craig Arcuri
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 9
Hello,
I would expect due to cost that most people researched exam simulators and just picked one. I chose the PMP Exam Simulator and can only speak to that one. You never really know until you actually take the test. But in hindsight, I found it very realistic compared to the actual test and would highly recommend it. There are 8 full 4 hour tests and another devoted to just ITTOs.
I had a concern that after taking 8 of these tests I would get good at just the PMP Exam Simulator tests. Probably an unwarranted concern but I wanted to supplement this preparation with a few other tests. To do that, I also took the Oliver Lehmann and Sean Whitaker tests which are readily available and free. Do not get discouraged if your scores are a little lower on these highly demanding tests. It was helpful to see exam type questions presented by a completely different author and slightly different point of view.
Craig Arcuri, PMP, CSM
Community Moderator
The following user(s) said Thank You: Farid Hadj-Hamou, Tess Williams
Last edit: by Craig Arcuri. Reason: typo

What is the Best Exam Stimulators for PMP 9 years 1 month ago #5218

• Steve Sandoval
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 11
Hello Li Mei Lin,

Personally, I used the PM Exam Simulator. Like Craig, I found it realistic and appreciated the significant number of full exams. It worked very well for me, and I also give it a high recommendation.

I did not feel the need to do multiple different full exam simulators. Instead, I used the PM Prepcast, and Rita Mulchay's PMP Exam Prep book. Both of those had sets of questions at the end of each chapter or segment. I found these shorter question sets (typically about 25 questions after each chapter) to be quite helpful when studying each specific topic. When it came time to practice doing a full exam, the PM Exam Simulator did a very good job for me, and I did not feel the need to try any other simulators in order to feel ready for the test.

Good luck!
Steve Sandoval, PMP
Community Moderator
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tess Williams

What is the Best Exam Stimulators for PMP 9 years 1 month ago #5219

• Dawn Upperman
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 19
Hi Li Mei Lin,
I, too, just used the PM Exam Simulator and found that to be sufficient. I also used the PM Prepcast and Rita Mulcahy's PMP Exam Prep book. I felt I was well prepared for the exam. I did not see the need to check out multiple simulators. I think, for me, that may have been confusing. Best of luck!

What is the Best Exam Stimulators for PMP 9 years 1 month ago #5224

• Farid Hadj-Hamou
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Is it safe to say that when someone reach 80% on few simulation exams that the person is ready to take the real PMP exam?

Thank you

Farid

What is the Best Exam Stimulators for PMP 9 years 1 month ago #5226

• Craig Arcuri
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 9
That number (80%) seems to be a good measuring stick. My thinking was that the more PMP Exam Simulator tests I could take and score 80% or above, the less chance that the real test would expose a weakness in my knowledge base. Ok, I over did it and took 8 practice exams! But I think 3 or 4 would be a solid indicator of where you're at. I just didn't want my scores bouncing all over the place (they didn't, they steadily improved). Finally, on my last test, my score plummeted slightly and I determined I was a little burned out at that point. I took a couple days completely off and scheduled the test. Hope this helps.
Craig Arcuri, PMP, CSM
Community Moderator

What is the Best Exam Stimulators for PMP 9 years 1 month ago #5231

• Farid Hadj-Hamou
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Thank you for the valuable inputs - I agree with your plan.

Farid
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login