fbpx

Reply: Study Plan

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Study Plan

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
9 years 1 month ago #5206

Ahmed Amin

Hi Radhika,

You can check the lessons learned forum , you will find plenty of experiences shared from other members who have passed the PMP. I am sure this will be very valuable while you are preparing your plan.

I would also recommend that you evaluate the www.pmstudycoach.com . I didn't try it myself but Cornelius's products are usually of great value.
9 years 1 month ago #5205

Ayo O

Radhika,

I used 4 months to prepare while working full time.

Month 1 - 35 Contact hours - PM PrepCast, PMBOK - Tried to understand PMI mind map (Process groups vs Knowledge area table) for the certification
Month 2 - Got a thorough understanding of the of 47 processes and how they interact, some ITTOs.
Month 3 - I got audited and things slowed down a little bit (worked on my audit package):), more ITTOs.
Month 4 - 17 full-length simulated exams of 200 questions each, random practice tests online.

Hope this helps.
9 years 1 month ago #5204

Dawn Upperman

Hi Radhika,

My study plan included the PM Prepcast and Rita Mulcahy's PMP Exam Prep book. I used the PM Prepcast to get my 35 hours for the application as well. I also read through the PMBOK as I reviewed the study materials. The PMBOK has some really nice summary diagrams which really helped. I also took a couple of full practice exams on the PM Exam simulator and tracked those areas that needed improvement. I gave myself 6 months to prepare. Hours of study varied each week. I was able to pass the first time around. Hope this helps and good luck!
9 years 1 month ago #5202

Cornelius Fichtner

Hello Radhika!

Warning... shameless self-promotion coming up... ;)

Instead of gathering many study plans from others and then analyzing and synthesizing them for your own purposes, you could simply follow our best practice approach. I have developed a general Study Plan & Coaching approach.

You can find it at www.pmstudycoach.com .

Week after week, this program tells you exactly what to study. Over 200 students have used this approach in the past year.
9 years 1 month ago #5201

Rahul Kakkar

Hi Radhika,

What timelines are you looking at? How many hours can you put in a day? When are you planning to take the exam? If you can provide further such details then I think we can suggest a study plan.

I had three months to study with one hour on weekdays and six hours on weekends. For further details you can refer to my post:

www.project-management-prepcast.com/inde...in-the-first-attempt
9 years 1 month ago #5199

Radhika

's Avatar

Can any one please share their study plan for PMP exam preparation?

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login