fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Study Plan

Study Plan 9 years 2 months ago #5199

• Radhika
  • Radhika's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Can any one please share their study plan for PMP exam preparation?

Study Plan 9 years 2 months ago #5201

• Rahul Kakkar
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 56
Hi Radhika,

What timelines are you looking at? How many hours can you put in a day? When are you planning to take the exam? If you can provide further such details then I think we can suggest a study plan.

I had three months to study with one hour on weekdays and six hours on weekends. For further details you can refer to my post:

www.project-management-prepcast.com/inde...in-the-first-attempt
Rahul Kakkar, PMP, MBA
Community Moderator

How are we doing? Your opinion matters. To help us improve, please check out our survey at www.surveymonkey.com/s/pmpexamforum

Study Plan 9 years 2 months ago #5202

• Cornelius Fichtner
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • President, OSP International LLC
  • Thank you received: 606
Hello Radhika!

Warning... shameless self-promotion coming up... ;)

Instead of gathering many study plans from others and then analyzing and synthesizing them for your own purposes, you could simply follow our best practice approach. I have developed a general Study Plan & Coaching approach.

You can find it at www.pmstudycoach.com .

Week after week, this program tells you exactly what to study. Over 200 students have used this approach in the past year.
Until Next Time,
Cornelius Fichtner, PMP, CSM
President, OSP International LLC

Study Plan 9 years 2 months ago #5204

• Dawn Upperman
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 19
Hi Radhika,

My study plan included the PM Prepcast and Rita Mulcahy's PMP Exam Prep book. I used the PM Prepcast to get my 35 hours for the application as well. I also read through the PMBOK as I reviewed the study materials. The PMBOK has some really nice summary diagrams which really helped. I also took a couple of full practice exams on the PM Exam simulator and tracked those areas that needed improvement. I gave myself 6 months to prepare. Hours of study varied each week. I was able to pass the first time around. Hope this helps and good luck!

Study Plan 9 years 2 months ago #5205

• Ayo O
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Radhika,

I used 4 months to prepare while working full time.

Month 1 - 35 Contact hours - PM PrepCast, PMBOK - Tried to understand PMI mind map (Process groups vs Knowledge area table) for the certification
Month 2 - Got a thorough understanding of the of 47 processes and how they interact, some ITTOs.
Month 3 - I got audited and things slowed down a little bit (worked on my audit package):), more ITTOs.
Month 4 - 17 full-length simulated exams of 200 questions each, random practice tests online.

Hope this helps.
MSc, PMP
Community Moderator
OSP International LLC
Last edit: by Ayo O.

Study Plan 9 years 2 months ago #5206

• Ahmed Amin
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 73
Hi Radhika,

You can check the lessons learned forum , you will find plenty of experiences shared from other members who have passed the PMP. I am sure this will be very valuable while you are preparing your plan.

I would also recommend that you evaluate the www.pmstudycoach.com . I didn't try it myself but Cornelius's products are usually of great value.
Ahmed Amin Abdullah, PMP
Community Moderator
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenAlexander AnikinElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login