fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Need to know if I have studies enough for PMP

Need to know if I have studies enough for PMP 9 years 3 months ago #4860

• Abhirup Banerjee
  • Abhirup Banerjee's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Hi ,

I have studied 2.5 months or so using PMPrepcast Videos,PMBOK guide 5th edition, Head first and RITA study materials.

I have completed today all the exams of PMP Exam Simulator package.

Here is the stats of my result:

By Knowledge Area

Knowledge Area Correct %
Integration Management 77%
Scope Management 75%
Time Management 78%
Cost Management 79%
Quality Management 76%
Human Resource Management 79%
Communications Management 73%
Risk Management 73%
Procurement Management 74%
Stakeholder Management 73%

By Exam

Exam 1 Fail (70%)
Exam 2 Pass (80%)
Exam 3 Fail (78%)
Exam 4 Fail (77%)
Exam 5 Fail (77%)
Exam 6 Fail (75%)
Exam 7 Fail (73%)
Exam 8 Pass (84%)
Exam 9 (ITTO Questions only) Fail (73%)
Total Pass 2
Total Fail 7

I have given Exam 8 last. Exam 9 I have taken earlier.I am now at much better level at ITTOs. :)

As you see as per the results I only have passed twice but I have managed to score on average 76.33% .

My exam is scheduled in 3 days. Please suggest me If I am okay to go ahead with the exam?
I have some doubts that I may need to study more.

Your valuable inputs are much appreciated.I feel like I will not like to study further if that should be all right considering my current status.

Note: Moderator if you believe this post should not be here please suggest me the correct thread where I should post it.
IMPOSSIBLE Itself says I M POSSIBLE
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nguyen Van Binh

Need to know if I have studies enough for PMP 9 years 3 months ago #4866

• Dawn Upperman
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 19
Hi Abhirup,

It looks like you are more than ready to take the exam. When I took the practice exams, I got mostly low 70's. I worked in 2 five minute breaks during the exam which gave me some time to refresh. I ended up passing the first time around. Get a good night's sleep and you should be good to go (and don't forget to do your brain dump). Best of luck and let us know how you did!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Art Herzog

Need to know if I have studies enough for PMP 9 years 3 months ago #4868

• Cornelius Fichtner
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • President, OSP International LLC
  • Thank you received: 604
Abhirup,

It's perfectly all right to post a question like this here in our forums. We discuss any and all aspects of PMP exam preparation.

The question you have asked is of course the most "difficult" question that anyone faces during their PMP exam preparation... "Have I studied enough? Am I ready to take the exam?".

And because it is so difficult, it is nearly impossible to give you a good answer because whether or not you are ready to take the real exam depends on so many factors.

However, from a statistical point of view, Dawn is right. It looks like you are ready to go. The exam simulator passing rate is intentionally set very high. (I believe that it is set at 80% correct). We did this to encourage all our students to study hard and reach that "magical" 80% mark. But of course, the simulator gives you a straightforward percentage, while the real PMP exam takes the question difficulty into consideration.

Since you only have 3 days left until your exam here are my recommendations:
  • Focus on PMP Exam Sample questions
  • Answer as many as you can over the coming 3 days
  • Spend as much time reviewing the questions as you are spending on the sample exams.
  • So if you spend 3 hours on an exam, then spend 3 hours on reviewing all the questions that you had wrong. Learn from your mistakes.

Good luck and please let us know your Lessons Learned!

PS. A RACI chart should only have ONE person assigned with an "A". (You'll understand when you get there...)
Until Next Time,
Cornelius Fichtner, PMP, CSM
President, OSP International LLC

Need to know if I have studies enough for PMP 9 years 3 months ago #4869

• Nguyen Van Binh
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi Abhirup,
your score is quite good enough, but I'm not sure you can pass (50/50), I'm strong recommend you should over 80% for new test, your score is quite similar with my score and in fact, I got the challenge in the test. I think I can't pass.

@Hi Cornelius Fichtner
Could you explain detail about RACI, why A RACI chart should only have ONE person assigned with an "A" ?, which page in PMBOK is mention to it. Thank you

Need to know if I have studies enough for PMP 9 years 3 months ago #4870

• Cornelius Fichtner
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Nguyen,

It's on page 262. But check out this article here first:

www.project-management-prepcast.com/inde...ssignment-matrix-ram
Until Next Time,

Need to know if I have studies enough for PMP 9 years 3 months ago #4871

• Binh
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hello Cornelius Fichtner,
I tried to access the link which you recommend, but it looks damage
the message I received as below
"Oops-a-Daisy... Page Not Found

Something didn't go as planned and the page you were looking for could not be found. Please select:"
Could you please recommend another source. Thanks

Need to know if I have studies enough for PMP 9 years 3 months ago #4872

• Craig Arcuri
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 9
Hello Abhirup,
My study timeframe was similar to yours. I was 4 days before the exam and considering pushing my date out 3 weeks (at a loss of $75). I think it is common to have doubts. It is a stressful time. I chose to go ahead with the exam at the regularly scheduled time and it turned out well. I found that I was very nervous at the exam but writing down my brain dump and focusing on the task at hand got rid of the nerves quickly. I think my highest practice score was an 84 but my last practice exam was a little lower. But it was time for me to take the exam. I think you'll do well. Best of luck.
Craig Arcuri, PMP, CSM
Community Moderator

Need to know if I have studies enough for PMP 9 years 3 months ago #4873

• Cornelius Fichtner
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Binh - Please try again - should be fixed.

www.project-management-prepcast.com/inde...ssignment-matrix-ram

If it doesn't work, click on "Search" (TOP RIGHT, NEXT TO HELP) and look for "RAM".
Until Next Time,
Last edit: by Cornelius Fichtner.

Need to know if I have studies enough for PMP 9 years 3 months ago #4874

• Binh
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi Cornelius,
It's work now, I understand it, I also re-read page 262. It's my gap in my knowledge, Thanks for advice.

@Abhirup
Good luck :P , all the best

Need to know if I have studies enough for PMP 9 years 3 months ago #4877

• Joy Iyer
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
Abhirup, with simulator scores like that I think you should definitely pass. The only person who can spoil this for you now is YOU!

My advice is that during the exam do not lose focus. Be focused on answering the question in front of you and do not try to do simultaneous analysis of how you are doing overall in the exam. It can only help you panic.

Leave the job of computing your performance to the computer ;)

Also, keep an eye on the clock. In my experience I had more spare time when working on the simulator but no spare time on the actual exam itself.

Good luck and look forward to a YAHOO! from your end soon :)
Joy Iyer, PMP, FS Eng (TÜV Rheinland, SIS, PH&RA) & Community Moderator
The following user(s) said Thank You: Abhirup Banerjee

Need to know if I have studies enough for PMP 9 years 3 months ago #4878

• Rahul Kakkar
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 56
I think you should do fine with those scores Abhirup and that you should go ahead with the exam. As Joy mentioned, don't think about the end result anymore. I myself did not have high scores in my mock exam to give me 100% confidence that'll I'll crack the exam. All I knew was to give it my best shot. Get plenty of rest prior to the exam. Have a chocolate or an energy bar prior to the exam. While some say that you can take breaks, I did not manage to have any time to leave the exam hall to eat something from the snacks table as that was quite far from my seat and that you have to go through security checks each time. Therefore I recommend you eat something prior to the exam. Good luck and hoping to see you certified!
Rahul Kakkar, PMP, MBA
Community Moderator

How are we doing? Your opinion matters. To help us improve, please check out our survey at www.surveymonkey.com/s/pmpexamforum
The following user(s) said Thank You: Abhirup Banerjee
Last edit: by Rahul Kakkar.
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login