fbpx

Reply: Remember Important ITTOs easily with this Trick

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Remember Important ITTOs easily with this Trick

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
5 years 1 day ago #16905

Anonymous

's Avatar

You are welcome. Please do note article was written when PMBOK was Version 5. With the latest updates in PMBOK, some things needs to be customized. But I am sure one can make those minor changes based on the latest PMBOK. Best of luck for the exam.
5 years 1 day ago #16900

Anonymous

's Avatar

Thank you. I was shocked that the test looks nothing like the book. this will help
5 years 5 months ago #15251

Cornelius Fichtner

5 years 5 months ago #15239

Anonymous

's Avatar

Can you please convert the above write-up on piece of paper so that it can be clear..
9 years 3 months ago #4858

Cornelius Fichtner

Abhirup,

If I see this right, then the "official" name of the technique you are using is called The Method of Loci. It is a is a mnemonic device adopted in ancient Roman and Greek rhetorical treatises. In basic terms, it is a method of memory enhancement which uses visualization to organize and recall information.

I have personally used this technique for my own PMP Exam preparation and it allowed me to recall every single ITTO without fail at the time. I didn't need to write down a single ITTO on my brain dump, because I had them all committed to memory. All of them. Perfectly!

I plan to include a section about The Method of Loci in my upcoming eBook on how to study and memorize ITTOs.

The great thing about the Method of Loci is that it allows you to memorize anything and everything you need. Not so good is the fact that it takes a decent amount of effort to memorize all 500+ ITTOs from the PMBOK Guide - and of course, you "only" memorized them. You haven't necessarily understood them.

So my recommended approach in the eBook will be that this is a great technique for memorizing "stuff" that does not come easily to you. First you should try and understand the concepts behind the ITTOs. This will be of more value to you in the long run for your career. But for those things that do not come easily to you (i.e. Table 3-1, certain formulas, or ITTOs from specific processes) I recommend using the Method of Loci.

In conclusion: This is an absolutely great technique for PMP Exam preparation, as long as it is not your primary technique but is instead used when necessary and appropriate - and it is up to YOU to decide when that is the case.
9 years 4 months ago #4844

Joy Iyer

I must say that being able to remember all ITTO would be great. I however realized early on that this would be a challenge for my intellectual capabilities. I also picked up from various sources, including the PM Prepcast, that it is not really necessary to memorize the ITTO, but would be enough to get a general understanding of which ITTO would be logically applicable to which process groups.

I can confirm that when I walked into the exam centre I did not remember most ITTO by heart. Also, there were quite a few questions related to ITTO, which were tackled by careful consideration of the question and logical elimination of the options provided.

I am glad to say that I got a Proficient score in the test overall.

I am mentioning the above for the benefit of those who may get the impression from the original post that ITTOs need to be memorized to pass the PMP. It's a nice to do, but quite challenging and not at all essential in my personal opinion and based on experience.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login