fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Complete process flow of the 47 processes

Complete process flow of the 47 processes 9 years 7 months ago #4610

• Rahul Kakkar
  • Rahul Kakkar's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 56
I wanted to get a "BIG" picture of how the processes are connected with each other and how they flow. The reference books I'm currently referring to have data flow diagrams broken down by the knowledge area. Anyone has a big picture diagram linking and involving all processes and / or data flow diagrams? Is this a good idea or will it be organized chaos?
Rahul Kakkar, PMP, MBA
Community Moderator

How are we doing? Your opinion matters. To help us improve, please check out our survey at www.surveymonkey.com/s/pmpexamforum

Complete process flow of the 47 processes 9 years 7 months ago #4613

• Michael DeCicco
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 44
Hi Kruger,
I've attached a .pdf document I created for a yahoo group I attend that teaches PM knowledge. I'd like to call your attention to slide 12. It's called the hierarchy of knowledge. It expresses in some fashion the aspect of "chartology" you are seeking.

File Attachment:

File Name: PMLLPMBOKF...rney.pdf
File Size:221 KB
Yours Respectfully
Michael DeCicco, PMP
Community Moderator
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rahul Kakkar, Saad Bakhtyar

Complete process flow of the 47 processes 9 years 7 months ago #4619

• Ahmed Amin
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 73
Hi Kruger,
if i understood you, i believe you will find the needed interaction diagrams and illustrations in the PMBOK guide "ANNEX A1
THE STANDARD FOR PROJECT MANAGEMENT OF A PROJECT" this is page 416 in 5th edition. you can also check it here

in the annex you will find :
- a chart that illustrated the project management process groups interactions (Figure A1-2. Project Management Process Interactions)
- Table A1-1. Project Management Process Group and Knowledge Area Mapping.
- an illustration of the process groups in a high level with a diagram illustrating the internal process interactions.

I always find this annex useful as a quick reference , hope this is what you were searching for.
Ahmed Amin Abdullah, PMP
Community Moderator
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rahul Kakkar

Complete process flow of the 47 processes 9 years 2 months ago #5121

• Robert Treacy
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi Kruger,

I see this is an old thread, but I just recently joined. I started to do this and it turned out to be a very busy diagram in B&W. I may try again after exam pressure is off, clock is ticking...

I did a quick search and did not find a comprehensive flow diagram. I thought if I attempt this again, it would at least have to be in color and perhaps also in 3D !!

-Bob

Complete process flow of the 47 processes 9 years 2 months ago #5122

• Rahul Kakkar
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder

Robert Treacy wrote: Hi Kruger,

I see this is an old thread, but I just recently joined. I started to do this and it turned out to be a very busy diagram in B&W. I may try again after exam pressure is off, clock is ticking...

I did a quick search and did not find a comprehensive flow diagram. I thought if I attempt this again, it would at least have to be in color and perhaps also in 3D !!

-Bob

Hi Bob,

Haha yes I had come onto a similar conclusion, thereafter which I dropped the idea.
Rahul Kakkar, PMP, MBA
Community Moderator

How are we doing? Your opinion matters. To help us improve, please check out our survey at www.surveymonkey.com/s/pmpexamforum

Complete process flow of the 47 processes 9 years 2 months ago #5176

• Robert Treacy
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Hello Rahul,

I apologize for not getting you name correct previously, I must have confused this another posting. I found a diagram by Sean Whitaker that attempts to flow chart the "big picture". It is at this link:
seanwhitaker.com/pmp-study/
under How to Pass the PMP Exam, slide #32. You can try to reproduce it yourself using his "Process Mapping Game" at the same link. I still think 3_D is needed to disentangle everything!

-Bob
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rahul Kakkar

Complete process flow of the 47 processes 9 years 2 months ago #5181

• Rahul Kakkar
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
No problem Bob :)

Although I've cleared the PMP now, that link is a useful reference for anyone else who'd be interested!

Thanks for posting.
Rahul Kakkar, PMP, MBA
Community Moderator

Complete process flow of the 47 processes 8 years 5 months ago #6516

• Muhammad Uzair
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I was intrigued by the issue under discussion too. So much that I attempted to create one myself. I believe concept of basic flow do exist in the processes of Initiating, Planning and Closing process groups. My chart focuses on flow of processes in initiating and planning process group. Though it needs improvements, however it does make things a bit clear and easy to understand. The chart is available here:
[Link removed by administrator due to copyright concerns.]
Last edit: by Cornelius Fichtner.

Complete process flow of the 47 processes 6 years 4 months ago #12621

• Anonymous
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi Rahul,

Could you please share the knowledge with me please of the bigger picture of PMP processes? Thanks

Complete process flow of the 47 processes 6 years 3 months ago #12831

• Anonymous
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Thank you Ahmed
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenAlexander AnikinElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login