fbpx

Reply: Constructive change and scope creep

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Constructive change and scope creep

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
6 years 6 days ago #13730

Todd C. Williams

's Avatar

My understanding is, yes, this is scope creep by the definition that scope creep is uncontrolled change; however, by a contracting officer (CO) being notified of the deviation there is an attempt to control it. It might be better termed as an incomplete understanding of requirements or change by implication. For a good reference on Constructive Change please see this article out of Georgia Tech: http://contractingacademy.gatech.edu/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Constructive-Changes.docx
6 years 1 month ago #13189

Anonymous

's Avatar

Simple and neat explanation
7 years 2 months ago #9433

yhk

's Avatar

It seems the term is derived from the construction contract.
www.businessdictionary.com/definition/constructive-change.html
7 years 2 months ago #9360

chris coan

's Avatar

So why use the term "constructive"?
9 years 7 months ago #4548

Michael DeCicco

Yes, I am saying that. For the purposes of the exam, I think you will find that when scope creep is discussed, it is in relation to Scope Management and constructive changes are associated with the procurement/contract side of project management.
9 years 7 months ago #4547

Funmilola

's Avatar

Hello Michael,
Many thanks for your response. Your response seems to suggest they are the same when you say 'It may very well be scope creep'. Does it mean the only distinguishing factor is that constructive change has to do with procurement and scope creep with scope?

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login