fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Managing Defects in the monitoring process group

Managing Defects in the monitoring process group 9 years 10 months ago #4325

• Ashwin Kini
  • Ashwin Kini's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
I am trying to understand the flow of "defects" on various occasions. Specifically on the Direct and Manage Project Work and Monitor and Control Project Work processes.
In the Direct and Manage Project Work, the work is performed and the output (deliverables) may contain defects. This goes to the Monitor and Control process that checks the deliverables as well? Though I understand the deliverables go to Control Quality (where the defect repairs are reviewed). However, how does this play under the Monitor and Control Project Work process?
My major focus is on the role of defects under the Monitor and Control Project Work process specifically.

Managing Defects in the monitoring process group 9 years 10 months ago #4327

• Brett Palmer
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi Ashwin, if you look on pg 87 of the PMBOK 5th Edition you will see a diagram which shows the flow from 8.3 Control Quality into the 4.4 Monitor & Control Project Work process as work performance information (defects). Also refer to pg 90 in PMBOK 4.4.1.5 Work Performance Information as it helps create "sound foundation for project decisions" as part of the Monitor & Control Project Work. I think if you look at these two pages you will understand that the defects are not happening in 4.3 Direct & Manage Project Work (see pg 61).
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenAlexander AnikinElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login