fbpx

Reply: Managing Defects in the monitoring process group

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Managing Defects in the monitoring process group

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
9 years 10 months ago #4327

Brett Palmer

Hi Ashwin, if you look on pg 87 of the PMBOK 5th Edition you will see a diagram which shows the flow from 8.3 Control Quality into the 4.4 Monitor & Control Project Work process as work performance information (defects). Also refer to pg 90 in PMBOK 4.4.1.5 Work Performance Information as it helps create "sound foundation for project decisions" as part of the Monitor & Control Project Work. I think if you look at these two pages you will understand that the defects are not happening in 4.3 Direct & Manage Project Work (see pg 61).
9 years 10 months ago #4325

Ashwin Kini

I am trying to understand the flow of "defects" on various occasions. Specifically on the Direct and Manage Project Work and Monitor and Control Project Work processes.
In the Direct and Manage Project Work, the work is performed and the output (deliverables) may contain defects. This goes to the Monitor and Control process that checks the deliverables as well? Though I understand the deliverables go to Control Quality (where the defect repairs are reviewed). However, how does this play under the Monitor and Control Project Work process?
My major focus is on the role of defects under the Monitor and Control Project Work process specifically.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login