Welcome, Guest
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Am i Ready for PMP Exam

Am i Ready for PMP Exam 2 years 6 months ago #4204

• Venkat Reddy
  • Fresh Boarder
Dear Friends,

I am planning to give PMP exam in a week time, I have gone through Rita's Latest edition and more of PMBOK Guide
I am getting 80 percent consistently in PMP Exam Simulator but confidence level is not there as i may be thinking real exam is much much more tough and i am not able to set a benchmark for my study. Even if i study more i am really getting confused

Please help me to understand if i can give the exam in a week and how do i take a revision this week?

Regards
Venkat

Am i Ready for PMP Exam 2 years 6 months ago #4206

• Cornelius Fichtner
  • Administrator
  • PrepCast Instructor
  • Thank you received: 157
Venkat,

An average score of 80 in our PM Exam Simulator (www.pm-exam-simulator.com) is an excellent score! Anecdotally we know that students who score 75+ in the simulator usually pass the exam. Of course, this is no guarantee because everyone's exam is different, but at least it is a good indicator.

If you only have 1 week and you are looking to review the material, then do the following:
  • Answer as many sample questions as you can.
  • For every hour you spend answering questions you should also spend one hour in reviewing them. (So if you do a 4-hour exam, you should spend 4 hours in review)
  • Read the PMP Examination Content Outline. This document lists all the activites that you need to be aware of for the exam. It will act as a "checklist". If anything here sounds unfamiliar - study it.
  • If you are a customer of The PM PrepCast, then watch module 70, which walks you through the Examination Content Outline.
Until Next Time,
Cornelius Fichtner, PMP, CSM
President, OSP International LLC

Am i Ready for PMP Exam 2 years 6 months ago #4207

• Michael Alstrom
  • Fresh Boarder
I'm in a similar position, but about a week and a half behind you. I took the first two exams on the simulator and I'm hovering just under 80%. To improve, I'm reading the PMBOK again, studying ITTO's (looking for relationships/concepts and not memorizing), and reviewing formulas. I'm planning on taking another practice exam this weekend.

Am i Ready for PMP Exam 2 years 6 months ago #4208

• Venkat Reddy
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks much Cornelius, will follow the same

Am i Ready for PMP Exam 2 years 6 months ago #4247

• Venkat Reddy
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi Cornelius,

A good News to share, I have completed my PMP certification. After 3 months preparation it was great feeling to see successful completion on screen

Thanks a lot for your support and Simulator really helped a lot

Regards
Venkat

Am i Ready for PMP Exam 2 years 6 months ago #4265

• Cornelius Fichtner
  • Administrator
  • PrepCast Instructor
  • Thank you received: 157
Venkat,

Congratulations! Glad to hear that you have successfully reached the end of your PMP journey!

Two things:
  1. Don't forget to help your fellow students and post your lessons learned. Please go to www.pm-prepcast.com/ll and let everyone know about your journey. Tell them how you did it, so that they can learn from your approach.
  2. Remember that you must earn 60 PDUs every 3 years in order to keep your certification alive. Please check out our free PDU offerings at www.pdu-insider.com and www.pm-podcast.com/pdu. In that way you will always have enough ideas where to find your next PDU.
Have a great week.
Until Next Time,
Cornelius Fichtner, PMP, CSM
President, OSP International LLC
Moderators: Yolanda Mabutas, Ahmed Amin, Scott Gillard, Michael DeCicco, Rahul Kakkar, Fernando Jr Sinlao Lim, Mary Kathrine Padua, Chris Preziotti, Lazard Toe, ITBMC, MPM, CIPM, PMP, ITIL, Christian Winter, Kevin Nason, Michael Sumaquial, PMP, Mark Wuenscher, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®