fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Activity Lists and Attributes vs WBS Dictionary

Activity Lists and Attributes vs WBS Dictionary 9 years 11 months ago #4194

• Rahul Kakkar
  • Rahul Kakkar's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 56
Hi,

I'm currently only at Module 1, so maybe this would be explained later and might seem a little pre-mature.

However, I had this confusion while learning about Activity Lists and Attributes.

Since the Activity List is based off the WBS work packages, what would be the difference between an Activity Lists and Attributes vs WBS Dictionary?
Rahul Kakkar, PMP, MBA
Community Moderator

How are we doing? Your opinion matters. To help us improve, please check out our survey at www.surveymonkey.com/s/pmpexamforum
The following user(s) said Thank You: HUSAM AHMAD

Activity Lists and Attributes vs WBS Dictionary 9 years 11 months ago #4195

• Cornelius Fichtner
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • President, OSP International LLC
  • Thank you received: 606
Rahul,

The easiest thing for you to do is to look up the definitions for these terms in the PMBOK Guide glossary starting on page 526 of the 5th edition.

On a very high level: Activity List and Activity Attributes focus on your schedule activities (on the "tasks") while the WBS Dictionary focuses on describing your deliverables (the "scope").

And yes... as you make your way through the various lessons of The PM PrepCast you will come across these again and again. The terms may be confusing at first, but I promise it will be come clearer and clearer over time.
Until Next Time,
Cornelius Fichtner, PMP, CSM
President, OSP International LLC
The following user(s) said Thank You: HUSAM AHMAD, Rahul Kakkar
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login