fbpx

Reply: Activity Lists and Attributes vs WBS Dictionary

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Activity Lists and Attributes vs WBS Dictionary

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
9 years 10 months ago #4195

Cornelius Fichtner

Rahul,

The easiest thing for you to do is to look up the definitions for these terms in the PMBOK Guide glossary starting on page 526 of the 5th edition.

On a very high level: Activity List and Activity Attributes focus on your schedule activities (on the "tasks") while the WBS Dictionary focuses on describing your deliverables (the "scope").

And yes... as you make your way through the various lessons of The PM PrepCast you will come across these again and again. The terms may be confusing at first, but I promise it will be come clearer and clearer over time.
9 years 10 months ago #4194

Rahul Kakkar

Hi,

I'm currently only at Module 1, so maybe this would be explained later and might seem a little pre-mature.

However, I had this confusion while learning about Activity Lists and Attributes.

Since the Activity List is based off the WBS work packages, what would be the difference between an Activity Lists and Attributes vs WBS Dictionary?

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login