fbpx

Reply: sample question #10

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : sample question #10

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
10 years 3 months ago #3965

BIJIT SINGHA

Hi Cornelius,

First time in this forum. To briefly introduce myself, I am preparing for PMP exam. I liked your prep cast very much and the steps. I have got your simulator, formula guide, and prep cast.

Update would be to use EAC = AC + (BAC - EV) if no criteria is mentioned? Is it the default formula to use?

Thanks,

Bijit
10 years 4 months ago #3946

Cornelius Fichtner

Charles,

You are correct. There is no indication in the question that tells you which of the formulas to use. We will update the question accordingly.

Good catch.
10 years 4 months ago #3943

Charles Wade

Hi Cornelius,

Question #10 is located in your PM Formulas PDF file I downloaded. The question reads:

PV = 100, EV = 105, BAC = 400, AC = 102 and CV = 3? What is the Estimate to Complete (ETC)?

Your explanation to the answer is understood, however, to calculate EAC you used EAC = AC + (BAC - EV). There are 3 formulas in which to calculate EAC (i.e. Not valid, atypical, typical), which is why i asked the question of why you used the "atypical" formula to arrive at your answer?

EAC "not valid" = AC + ETC
EAC "atypical" = AC + BAC - EV (this is the equation you used)
EAC typical = BAC/CPI

I recently failed the PMP and was not able to answer any of the more than 20 math equations so I'm on edge about every possible question/answer as it relates to formulas. I thank God i was able to find your formula site online. It has been great thus far.

Thanks
10 years 4 months ago #3938

Cornelius Fichtner

Charles,

I need a bit more information to answer your question: Would you please tell me where exactly your saw this question? We provide thousands of questions and "#10" doesn't tell me much in regards to where to look for it. What document, website or tool did you find this in?
10 years 4 months ago #3937

Charles Wade

for calculating EAC why did you use AC+BAC-EV? The question does not state if assumption was not valid, atypical, or typical and the default formula is BAC/CPI. I'm confused at how you arrived at the answer.

Thank you

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login