fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: sample question #10

sample question #10 10 years 4 months ago #3937

• Charles Wade
  • Charles Wade's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
for calculating EAC why did you use AC+BAC-EV? The question does not state if assumption was not valid, atypical, or typical and the default formula is BAC/CPI. I'm confused at how you arrived at the answer.

Thank you

sample question #10 10 years 4 months ago #3938

• Cornelius Fichtner
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • President, OSP International LLC
  • Thank you received: 606
Charles,

I need a bit more information to answer your question: Would you please tell me where exactly your saw this question? We provide thousands of questions and "#10" doesn't tell me much in regards to where to look for it. What document, website or tool did you find this in?
Until Next Time,
Cornelius Fichtner, PMP, CSM
President, OSP International LLC

sample question #10 10 years 4 months ago #3943

• Charles Wade
  • Charles Wade's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi Cornelius,

Question #10 is located in your PM Formulas PDF file I downloaded. The question reads:

PV = 100, EV = 105, BAC = 400, AC = 102 and CV = 3? What is the Estimate to Complete (ETC)?

Your explanation to the answer is understood, however, to calculate EAC you used EAC = AC + (BAC - EV). There are 3 formulas in which to calculate EAC (i.e. Not valid, atypical, typical), which is why i asked the question of why you used the "atypical" formula to arrive at your answer?

EAC "not valid" = AC + ETC
EAC "atypical" = AC + BAC - EV (this is the equation you used)
EAC typical = BAC/CPI

I recently failed the PMP and was not able to answer any of the more than 20 math equations so I'm on edge about every possible question/answer as it relates to formulas. I thank God i was able to find your formula site online. It has been great thus far.

Thanks

sample question #10 10 years 4 months ago #3946

• Cornelius Fichtner
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • President, OSP International LLC
  • Thank you received: 606
Charles,

You are correct. There is no indication in the question that tells you which of the formulas to use. We will update the question accordingly.

Good catch.
Until Next Time,
Cornelius Fichtner, PMP, CSM
President, OSP International LLC

sample question #10 10 years 4 months ago #3965

• BIJIT SINGHA
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Hi Cornelius,

First time in this forum. To briefly introduce myself, I am preparing for PMP exam. I liked your prep cast very much and the steps. I have got your simulator, formula guide, and prep cast.

Update would be to use EAC = AC + (BAC - EV) if no criteria is mentioned? Is it the default formula to use?

Thanks,

Bijit
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenAlexander AnikinElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login