fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Changing stakeholder communications requirments

Changing stakeholder communications requirments 10 years 8 months ago #3663

• Carl Cunningham
  • Carl Cunningham's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Gentle readers,

In Lesson 13.00 "Project Stakeholder Management Overview" at 28:40, Cornelius describes the need to follow formal change request procedures if stakeholder communication requirements change during the project. That surprises me; I thought that this is something that would ideally be dealt with in a more informal manner. Most of my customers would be very surprised if I told them that we need to submit a change to the Change Advisory Board after they requested an additional report.

What are your thoughts on this?

Carl K. Cunningham
Carl K. Cunningham

Changing stakeholder communications requirments 10 years 8 months ago #3666

• Stephen Graves
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Like all things PMBOK, it is a guide expected to be tailored to the requirements of your project. Your change request procedures may be relatively informal but when a customer or any other stakeholder requests a change in what is expected there is likely to be a procedure for that, even if it is just getting it in an email from someone at authority level X from the stakeholder and responding with an affirmative from someone with appropriate ability to authorize the change.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carl Cunningham
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenAlexander AnikinElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login