fbpx

Reply: Changing stakeholder communications requirments

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Changing stakeholder communications requirments

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
10 years 7 months ago #3666

Stephen Graves

Like all things PMBOK, it is a guide expected to be tailored to the requirements of your project. Your change request procedures may be relatively informal but when a customer or any other stakeholder requests a change in what is expected there is likely to be a procedure for that, even if it is just getting it in an email from someone at authority level X from the stakeholder and responding with an affirmative from someone with appropriate ability to authorize the change.
10 years 7 months ago #3663

Carl Cunningham

Gentle readers,

In Lesson 13.00 "Project Stakeholder Management Overview" at 28:40, Cornelius describes the need to follow formal change request procedures if stakeholder communication requirements change during the project. That surprises me; I thought that this is something that would ideally be dealt with in a more informal manner. Most of my customers would be very surprised if I told them that we need to submit a change to the Change Advisory Board after they requested an additional report.

What are your thoughts on this?

Carl K. Cunningham

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login