fbpx

Reply: Sample question, not sure I understand the answer

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Sample question, not sure I understand the answer

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
10 years 8 months ago #3596

Erin Cooke

The answer would be A. They are telling you that the project was canceled, not asking you why. SPI is really an indication of project completion. At the completion of the project the SPI will always be 1.0 regardless of how long it takes to get there. Since this project was closed and the SPI was only 0.71 it indicates that not all project deliverables were completed. Therefore the only possible solution would be A.
10 years 8 months ago #3532

Mohammed Almohimeed

hello

I think the answer is either (a) or (B) because we eliminate C,D because the schedule is behind (SPI less than 1)

Still we want to know which is the best answer (a) or (b)

Regards
10 years 8 months ago #3531

Mohammed Almohimeed

Hi

I think the answer is either (a) or (B) because we eliminate C,D because the schedule is behind (SPI less than 1)

Still we want to know which is the best answer (a) or (b)

Regards
10 years 8 months ago #3521

No Longer Active

Hi,

In one of the many sample exams I have done so far, the following question was included ( Oliver Lehmann ):

You found the following earned value analysis information for a project that was recently closed-out: SPI = 0.7, CPI = 1.0

a. The project has been cancelled while it was executed. At that time the project was behind schedule and on budget.
b. The project's deliverables have all been finished. The project came in behind schedule but on budget.
c. The project's deliverables have all been finished. The project came in ahead of schedule but on budget.
d. The project's deliverables have all been finished. The project came in on schedule but over budget.

Am I correct in thinking that the reason that answer "a" is the correct answer is that any project where the SPI (or CPI) is significantly (i.e. more than 0.02 difference) below 1.0 would automatically be cancelled?

Thank you!

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login