fbpx

Reply: PMP Passed on September 3rd

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : PMP Passed on September 3rd

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
11 years 5 months ago #2914

Khurram Hussain

Dear Chandra:

Many congratulations. Thanks for appreciating our products and sharing your lessons learned. Lessons learned are always great assets for us.

Congratulations once again.

Warm regards,

Khurram Hussain, PMP, CSSBB
11 years 6 months ago #2898

Chandra kumar Magalingam

Its great experience i passed PMP finally this time.

Let me introduce myself.
I started writing PMP from Year 2007, I prepared myself with pmbok and Rita mulchay book and
had 3 attempts, but failed all 3 times.

Could not identify the reason why i get failed because 2nd and 3rd time i get result with Proficient/below proficient/Moderate profficient. I could not judge myself where i am going wrong.
may be I made mistake of repeately writing same test to know more about content. because my score was 85 in mock exams and i thaught i am ready for exam. but its not.

Then i took break due to various personal problems, after long time now i need PMP certification and knowledge purposely to improve my carrier as manager in my company.
so i cleared all my old thaughts and recharged myself buying new books, new study plan with new simulation exam.

This time i got help from PM Prepcast to review PMP topics
I used below books in study plan for 3months.
1)PMBOK
2)PMP at First try by Ande crowe
3)PM Prepcast Ipod lessons
4)PM Simulation exam
5)PM formulas
-> dont read too much and take so many exams. strict to any one simulators or mock exam patterns. after exam i felt 80% of question comes from PMPBOK.

PM prepcast ipod lessons are great, i felt i had real classroom trainings. Simulation exams are also great. its close to real exam. Secret is i repeated Ipod lesson 2times, and took 5 simulation tests(i dont find time to write all 10 tests)

Since i did not took all simulation test, i was bit nervous before exam. also unfortunately couple of days before exam, i got some problem in my stomach and was busy with visiting hospitals, but i was expecting this will happen so i used my contingency plan of reviewing my notes taken from all tests and from mock exams.I was still confident that i went thru pmbok 3times page to page and reviewed simulation test results with pmbok already.

Last two days i just reviewed only my notes(gaps) and appeared for exam. So happy to see the congratulation screen finally.(frankly speaking, May be if i did not see this screen this time, i decided not to take PMP again)

I would like to thank PM Prepcast and my family(wife&daughter) for being patience till i clear the exam. i felt its more challenging for them to be patience than me who prepare for PMP exam. So funny moments. :P

Last but not least, Dont give up if you are giving gap for PMP preperations.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login