fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: PMP Passed on September 3rd

PMP Passed on September 3rd 11 years 7 months ago #2898

• Chandra kumar Magalingam
  • Chandra kumar Magalingam's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Its great experience i passed PMP finally this time.

Let me introduce myself.
I started writing PMP from Year 2007, I prepared myself with pmbok and Rita mulchay book and
had 3 attempts, but failed all 3 times.

Could not identify the reason why i get failed because 2nd and 3rd time i get result with Proficient/below proficient/Moderate profficient. I could not judge myself where i am going wrong.
may be I made mistake of repeately writing same test to know more about content. because my score was 85 in mock exams and i thaught i am ready for exam. but its not.

Then i took break due to various personal problems, after long time now i need PMP certification and knowledge purposely to improve my carrier as manager in my company.
so i cleared all my old thaughts and recharged myself buying new books, new study plan with new simulation exam.

This time i got help from PM Prepcast to review PMP topics
I used below books in study plan for 3months.
1)PMBOK
2)PMP at First try by Ande crowe
3)PM Prepcast Ipod lessons
4)PM Simulation exam
5)PM formulas
-> dont read too much and take so many exams. strict to any one simulators or mock exam patterns. after exam i felt 80% of question comes from PMPBOK.

PM prepcast ipod lessons are great, i felt i had real classroom trainings. Simulation exams are also great. its close to real exam. Secret is i repeated Ipod lesson 2times, and took 5 simulation tests(i dont find time to write all 10 tests)

Since i did not took all simulation test, i was bit nervous before exam. also unfortunately couple of days before exam, i got some problem in my stomach and was busy with visiting hospitals, but i was expecting this will happen so i used my contingency plan of reviewing my notes taken from all tests and from mock exams.I was still confident that i went thru pmbok 3times page to page and reviewed simulation test results with pmbok already.

Last two days i just reviewed only my notes(gaps) and appeared for exam. So happy to see the congratulation screen finally.(frankly speaking, May be if i did not see this screen this time, i decided not to take PMP again)

I would like to thank PM Prepcast and my family(wife&daughter) for being patience till i clear the exam. i felt its more challenging for them to be patience than me who prepare for PMP exam. So funny moments. :P

Last but not least, Dont give up if you are giving gap for PMP preperations.

PMP Passed on September 3rd 11 years 6 months ago #2914

• Khurram Hussain
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Dear Chandra:

Many congratulations. Thanks for appreciating our products and sharing your lessons learned. Lessons learned are always great assets for us.

Congratulations once again.

Warm regards,

Khurram Hussain, PMP, CSSBB
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasKhurram HussainMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenAlexander AnikinElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login