fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: PMIs PMP application audit process LL

PMIs PMP application audit process LL 14 years 9 months ago #275

• Debangshu Ghose
  • Debangshu Ghose's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Dear All,

I would like to document the dreaded "Your application has been selected for PMIs audit process" e-mail :(

I am an aspiring PMP on the current PMBOK 4.0 and today i received the dreaded e-mail from PMI stating that I’m one of the applicants whose PMP application will go through the audit process.

It took me by complete surprise since all my friends and study group colleagues sailed through without being audited!!!! However, on reading the detailed instruction on why my application has been chosen for audit, I was proud to be amongst the very few who have been "Officially audited before taking the prestigious PMP test :-)" to maintain the purity and sanctity of the prestigious PMP credentials.

The process though cumbersome, basically requires you to send PMI documented proof of all the credentials you have submitted to PMI on your online application by way of printed, signed and sealed documented proof from your Managers, colleagues. So the only caveat to this process is the extra time it would take for PMI to send you the exam authorization code post completion and verification of your documents.

So all aspiring PMPs, do not feel depressed or sad or shocked if your application has been selected for being audited. Have patience and its rewards are really worth the wait.

Cheers :) .
Aspiring PMP, ITIL(F), CEH, ECSA, MCSA (M+S)
The following user(s) said Thank You: David

Re:PMIs PMP application audit process LL 14 years 9 months ago #277

• Cornelius Fichtner
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • President, OSP International LLC
  • Thank you received: 606
Debangshu,

Thank you very much for this insight - this is very helpful for everyone. I always tell people that an audit is "inconvenient" but it's not the end of the world. If you have everything documented properly then you have nothing to fear.

If you haven't yet done so, then please watch episode "E90.03 What if you get audited" and read the PDF document "E99.03 In case you get audited" that you get with The PM PrepCast. These two items will help you as well.
Until Next Time,
Cornelius Fichtner, PMP, CSM
President, OSP International LLC

Re:PMIs PMP application audit process LL 14 years 9 months ago #278

• Debangshu Ghose
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Cornelius,

Thank you very much for the great compendium of prep casts. They have been very very helpful during my preparation for the PMP based on PMBOK 4.0.

I completely agree to the fact that it's not the end of the world if your application has been audited. I have already got the process moving by sending the PMI audit documents to my managers to sign and approve the documents to fasten the process of the audit.

As the saying goes "Honesty is the best policy" and you have nothing to fear if you have been honest in your application process. This is just a formality to ensure that only true aspiring PMPs get through the stringent processes of the PMI.

I have already gone through the episode “E90.03”, however I don’t have the PDF E99.03 as mentiond. Do let me know where I could find it for perusal.

Cheers

Re:PMIs PMP application audit process LL 14 years 9 months ago #279

• Cornelius Fichtner
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Debangshu,

If you don't see the PDF in your iTunes, then simply right-click on the PrepCast and select "update podcast". Now it will get downloaded.

This document is available 14 days after purchase. It is part of the additional material that students receive when they can take our final exam and receive the 35 contact hour certificate.
Until Next Time,

Re:PMIs PMP application audit process LL 14 years 9 months ago #280

• Erik Rudd, ITIL-F, PMP
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
My application was also chosen for audit. I was able to gather and Fed-Ex all of the documentation within 5 days. PMI took 5 days to review the provided information. All in all it was fairly easy...but then again I'd already laid all of the ground work prior. Talking to all of my project contacts ahead of time really made the process go much quicker on my side.

Re:PMIs PMP application audit process LL 14 years 8 months ago #361

• Giovanni Calingasan
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi,

What if some of the signatures that you need from your previous work are in other countries (since you a now working on a different country), do you need to contact them and send the audit form and get the actual signatures? (which for me is quite a BIG hassle --- contacting them and getting their signatures)

Thanks,
Van

Re:PMIs PMP application audit process LL 14 years 8 months ago #362

• Debangshu Ghose
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello Van,

Unfortunately, the answer to your questions is "Yes".

A few FAQs and scenarios of handling documentation if audited by PMI;

How should an audit candidate verify programs and/or projects that they were the manager or supervisor for?

Candidates can have a colleague, peer, client or sponsor who has intimate knowledge of the project verify.

A manager or supervisor is across the world. Can the audit materials be faxed or sent directly to PMI?

The Experience Verification Form and Experience PDF attachment can be emailed to any verifying manager or supervisor; however because the original audit forms need to be submitted in the sealed and signed envelopes, PMI will not accept faxed copies. PMI prefers that the candidate mail all documents in one parcel.

An audit candidate was laid off, a consultant, or is no longer with the company, or the company no longer exists. How is this situation handled?

The supervising manager can still verify although they are not at the company. If this option is not feasible, a colleague from the project can verify, or a current manager or supervisor who has direct knowledge of the project can verify.

Hope the above clarifies your queries.

Re:PMIs PMP application audit process LL 14 years 8 months ago #429

• Debangshu Ghose
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Dear Cornelius,

I have just received message from PMI on a successful audit process completed and test taking instructions.

Cheers
Debangshu

Re:PMIs PMP application audit process LL 14 years 8 months ago #430

• Cornelius Fichtner
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Debangshu,

Congratulations on your successful audit!

So how long did the complete process take for you?
Until Next Time,

Re:PMIs PMP application audit process LL 14 years 8 months ago #432

• Debangshu Ghose
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Cornelius,

It has taken me around 4 weeks from the time i got the audit message to final approval from PMI.

A few LLs while getting your audit done by PMI;

1. Since i knew the previous managers well and had good relations with them for the past 10 years, they quickly approved and signed all the documents on the audit. So do keep good relations with your previous colleagues(managers), "You never know when they can bail you out of a situation like this :-)"

2. I got the audits documents signed and stamped from each of the managers. Though PMI doesn't expect you to sign each and every audit document, it's always a good idea to get them stamped. It is another level of validity provided by your previous employers. "It's good to be safe than get into another round of audits if PMI decides to do so".

3. Seal the audit pack properly and make sure that the documents are wraped in plastic covrs before you mail them, so that it takes care of the risk of getting wet and soiled.

4. I was in a situation wherein, a previous colleague quit the business i worked for and the business where i did the projects shut down almost 8 years ago. Do not panic in situations like these !!!! Just make sure that the person who is signing your audit documents is still on your friend list :-)... It's the person that matters not the organization....

I have set 2nd Sept as the date of my attempt at the PMP. Hope to clear it on my 1st attempt itself.

Will detail LLs once i'm done with the PMP :-)

Cheers
Debangshu

Re:PMIs PMP application audit process LL 14 years 4 weeks ago #1378

• Tanmoy Choudhury
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi, My application has been selected for Audit. I have certification from PM Prepcast but in the audit instruction PMI mentioned that "The courses submitted must have learning objectives that are directly related to the project management profession. No substitutions will be accepted." The PM Prepcast certificate does not show any learning objectives. Will that create an issue ?

~ Tanmoy

Re:PMIs PMP application audit process LL 14 years 4 weeks ago #1379

• Cornelius Fichtner
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Tanmoy,

Rest assured: it is not a problem.

I can say this with confidence for two reasons. First, The PM PrepCast has been reviewed and accepted by PMI (during our PMI R.E.P. application) and second, we have had dozens of students who were audited and it has never been an issue.

Here are the official learning objectives of The PM PrepCast. You can see them in one of the first episodes and these have also been submitted to PMI:

- Understand and be able to apply the framework for structured project management as described in the PMBOK® Guide.
- Identify the most generally accepted practices within the project management discipline.
- Obtain the confidence to take the PMP® certification examination.

However, you really don't need them. A copy of the certificate attached to your audit documentation is sufficient.
Until Next Time,

Re:PMIs PMP application audit process LL 14 years 1 week ago #1409

• Tanmoy Choudhury
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi, I have successfully completed the PMI Audit Process. It took only 2days for PMI to respond after receiving my Audit Pkg.

~ Tanmoy

Re:PMIs PMP application audit process LL 8 years 8 months ago #5902

• supriya
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
is it acceptable for my prev manager to send me experience verification letter via fedex?

He is working in a different city and told me that he forgot to put the letters in separate envelope , but he has directly put the letter in fedex envelope and mailed to me.

PMIs PMP application audit process LL 8 years 8 months ago #5904

• Dawn Upperman
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 19
Hi Supriya,

I think you should be OK as long as you do not open the the fedex envelope when you get it and just forward it along with your completed audit packet. PMI understands that there are unusual circumstances when trying to get experience verifications. Hope this helps.

PMIs PMP application audit process LL 8 years 8 months ago #5906

• Ahmed Amin
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 73
I Agree with Dawn, you should be OK
Ahmed Amin Abdullah, PMP
Community Moderator
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenAlexander AnikinElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login