fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: PMP Experience Requirements

PMP Experience Requirements 12 years 11 months ago #1991

• Wendi Sellers
  • Wendi Sellers's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Okay -- I am new to PM Prepcast (but really enjoying the podcasts/videos) and I have filled out everything on the application, except for "how" to document my project management hours. What is the best way for me to document these hours? With a Master's degree, I need to come up with 3 years of overlapping (?) project management projects?? I've had over 8 years of project management projects to think back on -- any good tips or "best practices" to use in documenting this right the first time?

I read about Audits -- what will I need in my back pocket in order to prepare for an Audit???

Wendi Sellers

Re:PMP Experience Requirements 12 years 11 months ago #1992

• Cornelius Fichtner
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • President, OSP International LLC
  • Thank you received: 606
Download the experience verification worksheet and use it as your guide. It should help guide you:

www.project-management-prepcast.com/inde...rification-worksheet

In regards to the audit... please read the following two blog posts that I wrote on the topic:

www.cornelius-fichtner.com/index.php/pmp...n-i-pmi-audit-happen

www.cornelius-fichtner.com/index.php/pmp...dom-or-not-who-cares
Until Next Time,
Cornelius Fichtner, PMP, CSM
President, OSP International LLC

Re:PMP Experience Requirements 12 years 10 months ago #2068

• Wendi Sellers
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Thank you so much for the answer.

One followup question....

I have used the Experiemce Verification Worksheet to document all my project experience. My question is this:

1- I have Project #1 that I worked on from January 1, 2009 through June 1, 2010, but I only put 50% of my time towards it.

Will all other smaller projects that I did during this timeframe count at all towards the 4,500 total hours I need or do I get ripped off here towards the 4,500 hour requirement? Is the key "overlapping" mean up to 100% of your time or simply if I worked one project that long, I can't count anything else at all during that time?

Wendi

Re:PMP Experience Requirements 12 years 10 months ago #2069

• Wendi Sellers
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
As a side note: I read all the other posts about experience documentation and I get confused when I haven't spent 100% of my time on one project. When it's only 50, 60, 70% (anything less than 100%) and I have another project that I worked on for 10% of my time but DURING the first, longer project, do I get to count hours for both, or only the longest one, no matter what the percentage is that I worked on it? Sorry if this is confusing, but I'm really confused right now.
Wendi

Re:PMP Experience Requirements 8 years 9 months ago #5819

• Naga Santhi Rayavarapu
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi,

I am not able to download the experience verification worksheet. Could you please help/

Thanks!!

Re:PMP Experience Requirements 8 years 9 months ago #5825

• Cornelius Fichtner
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • President, OSP International LLC
  • Thank you received: 606
Naga,

This worksheet no longer exists because PMI has been updating the official application so often that it became impossible to keep up with their changes. So we have decided NOT to maintain and provide this worksheet any longer. Sorry!
Until Next Time,
Cornelius Fichtner, PMP, CSM
President, OSP International LLC

Re:PMP Experience Requirements 8 years 9 months ago #5826

• Naga Santhi Rayavarapu
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi Cornelius,

Thanks for the response!
No problem.
Just need small information -
1. I worked as a Test/QA Lead and wondering how to perfectly present my work experience details following the proper standards of PMBOK. If I can get any sample write-ups for work experience, that would be really helpful. If this is not possible to provide, no problem.
2. Also, is it true that only the hours spent for managerial activities should be included and should exclude all execution related activities? As a Test Lead, I was involved not only in planning & managing, but also executing the tasks as a part of project team.

Thank You!

PMP Experience Requirements 8 years 9 months ago #5877

• Digvijay Singh
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello all,

A quick query please.

If someone is currently managing Service Delivery then can mentioning last worked project in past reflect as bad for application process?

Thanks,
Jay
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenAlexander AnikinElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login