Welcome, Guest
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Passed PMP on First Try on 13-07-2010

Passed PMP on First Try on 13-07-2010 6 years 3 months ago #1583

• Abhay Gharpure
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello Folks,

I passed the PMP exam on the First Try on 13-07-2010. Thanks to Prep-Cast and the advise given throughout.

I am a slow learner & thus it took me almost 4 months to gain the required knowledge and basically the confidence to give it a try. Another major hurdle was that I could not get a study-buddy, which made the matter more difficult. I took good time to go through the Prep-Cast and PMBOK Guide.

I already have a certification - IPMA-D, which helped me with the concepts. I started reading PMBOK Guide from December 26th, however by the time I could cover 25% I was like exhausted. Then I signed-up for Prep-Cast. It was a cold shower in hot summer of PMP Preparation. With Prep-Cast I also signed-up for the Exam Formula Study guide and Flash-Cards. All these products are really helpful to set up the tone.

I went through Flash-Cards as often as I can to get the terminologies clear. I heard the Prep-Cast once (That's how easy it is) and PMBOK Guide twice. Then I took free-online Questions, which helped me gaining confidence.

I do not have good memory power and thus I suffered some blows during exam for the questions related to ITTO. I must have done bad in that sector. However, the formulie was cake-walk and I scraped through.

Re:Passed PMP on First Try on 13-07-2010 6 years 3 months ago #1584

• Michael Borgman
  • Fresh Boarder
Congrats Abhay! Great to hear that your hard work and diligence in studying paid off.
Moderators: Yolanda Mabutas, Ahmed Amin, Michael DeCicco, Rahul Kakkar, Fernando Jr Sinlao Lim, Jeremy Raelin, Mary Kathrine Padua, Yasir Mehmood, Chris Preziotti, Lazard Toe, ITBMC, MPM, CIPM, PMP, ITIL, Christian Winter, Kevin Nason, Michael Sumaquial, PMP, Mark Wuenscher, PMP