fbpx

Reply: Passed PMP on First Try on 13-07-2010

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed PMP on First Try on 13-07-2010

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
13 years 8 months ago #1584

Michael Borgman

Congrats Abhay! Great to hear that your hard work and diligence in studying paid off.
13 years 8 months ago #1583

Abhay Gharpure

Hello Folks,

I passed the PMP exam on the First Try on 13-07-2010. Thanks to Prep-Cast and the advise given throughout.

I am a slow learner & thus it took me almost 4 months to gain the required knowledge and basically the confidence to give it a try. Another major hurdle was that I could not get a study-buddy, which made the matter more difficult. I took good time to go through the Prep-Cast and PMBOK Guide.

I already have a certification - IPMA-D, which helped me with the concepts. I started reading PMBOK Guide from December 26th, however by the time I could cover 25% I was like exhausted. Then I signed-up for Prep-Cast. It was a cold shower in hot summer of PMP Preparation. With Prep-Cast I also signed-up for the Exam Formula Study guide and Flash-Cards. All these products are really helpful to set up the tone.

I went through Flash-Cards as often as I can to get the terminologies clear. I heard the Prep-Cast once (That's how easy it is) and PMBOK Guide twice. Then I took free-online Questions, which helped me gaining confidence.

I do not have good memory power and thus I suffered some blows during exam for the questions related to ITTO. I must have done bad in that sector. However, the formulie was cake-walk and I scraped through.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login