fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: PMP Exam Formulas

PMP Exam Formulas 6 months 3 weeks ago #30891

• Olurotimi Olusina
  • Olurotimi Olusina's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I understand there are 50 formulas one needs to be familiar with to pass the PMP exam.
I have been studying for weeks now and I have only found about 20 formulas. Anybody know where I can find the other 30 formulas?

PMP Exam Formulas 6 months 3 weeks ago #30892

• Harry Elston
  • Thank you received: 144
Olurotimi:

The Prepcast had a formula sheet associated with the Prepcast product. It's now associated with the upper tier of the product. The only thing I was unfamiliar with was calculating the number of "communication channels" and the earned value stuff.

Harry
+++++
Harry J. Elston, Ph.D., CIH, PMP

PMP Exam Formulas 6 months 3 weeks ago #30893

• Olurotimi Olusina
  • Olurotimi Olusina's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Thanks for the quick reply Harry.
I guess I'll have to work with the formulas I am familiar with and keep my finger crossed.

PMP Exam Formulas 6 months 3 weeks ago #30894

• Harry Elston
  • Thank you received: 144
Olurotimi,

Do not get wrapped up in math questions. My exam (2019) had exactly two questions that required math, both were Earned Value questions that required only basic math.

H
+++++
Harry J. Elston, Ph.D., CIH, PMP

PMP Exam Formulas 6 months 3 weeks ago #30895

• Daniel Soerensen
  • Thank you received: 19
Olurotimi,

I agree with Harry. If anything, become familiar with the earned value formulas in the PMBOK Guide 6th edition, and know how to interpret the results. Chances are you won't get a question that asks to calculate something, but rather the question will assess your behaviour given a scenario in which a certain earned value metric is at a certain number. Hope this makes sense.

All the best in your studies, and I'm sure you will do great!

Cheers,
Daniel Soerensen, PMP, CSPO
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenAlexander AnikinElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login