fbpx

Reply: Did I pass the PMP exam or not?

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Did I pass the PMP exam or not?

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
7 months 2 weeks ago #30860

Harry Elston

Alan,

Watch Cornelius' video. He does a good job of explaining what's what.

Harry
7 months 2 weeks ago #30859

Alan Mc

's Avatar

Hi Dominic,

Am I missing something?

Having scanned through the press release from the PMI I couldn't find a specific reference that this new policy applies only to the exam taken via the Online Proctored Testing (OBT) format and not to the exam taken via the Centre Base Testing (CBT) format.

Does anyone know if this applies to the OBT format only or to both the OBT and CBT format?

Regards,

Alan
7 months 2 weeks ago #30855

Cornelius Fichtner

I agree with Harry and Dominic... taking the exam at a testing center is always your safest option.
7 months 2 weeks ago #30853

Harry Elston

Dominic,

I too have counseled against using the "online" version. There are just too many things that can go wrong - from a wonky net connection to an over-zealous camera watcher that sees shadows and cancels the exam. Just gut it out and do it in in person at a testing center where there less chance of ambiguity.

Harry
7 months 2 weeks ago #30852

Dominic Hickey

When I saw the OP's message I was thinking of that, too, Harry. But unless Hassan took his exam in the last fourteen hours, the security enhancements likely don't apply.

In PMI's document on the subject
www.pmi.org/-/media/pmi/documents/public...4f09b0e6b90afe3b157f
they state only that implementation was starting "on Monday, 25 September 2023 (EST)", so we don't know what time it went live.

It's an interesting change, nonetheless. Even before this, I would have avoided taking a Pearson VUE exam online, due to the all the stories we read in these Forums of candidates having sessions closed by proctors for no apparent reason. While some will not have been innocent -- and therefore deserve everything they get in punishment IMO -- there are bound to be false accusations generated by an automated system. Now, if such innocent candidates are forced to retake entirely at their own expense... that's unjust. Yet another reason to take an exam in a testing centre if at all possible.
7 months 2 weeks ago #30851

Harry Elston

Hassan,

Well - it looks like things have changed. See this video note from Cornelius:

www.project-management-podcast.com/podca...ed-security-measures

Harry

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login