fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Confused about questions on ITTOs

Confused about questions on ITTOs 10 months 1 week ago #30634

• Alexandra Doppelt
  • Alexandra Doppelt's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello,
I am confused why there are quiz and test questions on ITTOs. From what I understand, that is from PMBOK 6th edition, but that same framework is not used in the 7th edition. Will there still be questions on the ITTOs on the current exam? Thank you.

Confused about questions on ITTOs 10 months 1 week ago #30635

• Harry Elston
  • Thank you received: 144
Alexandra,

It's my understanding that ITTOs will still reveal their ugly heads in the current exam, but in a different way. PMBOK 6 used ITTOs to support implementation of various processes used in project management, while PMBOK 7 is "Principle focused." You will still need "business documents," "organizational process assets" and the like to develop a project charter.

With that, I'm not sure how much it's emphasized in the current exam. I can recall my exam (PMBOK 6-based) had only a couple of questions directly wanting ITTO information, (e.g. "What is the output of ....") but several that alluded to ITTOs. I found it easier to learn the exceptions when I was studying, rather than the entire ITTO matrix.

Other mods should comment on this one!

Harry
+++++
Harry J. Elston, Ph.D., CIH, PMP

Confused about questions on ITTOs 10 months 2 days ago #30655

• Daniel Soerensen
  • Thank you received: 19
Hello Alexandra,

I didn't end up taking any of the ITTOs quizzes or exams in the PrepCast Exam Simulator. I think questions that are directly linked to ITTOs are no longer asked in the current PMP Exam. I took my Exam in December 2022 and there were no ITTOs questions. I would focus on the other 4 exams of the simulator if I were you.

Hope this helps.
Daniel Soerensen, PMP, CSPO
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alexandra Doppelt
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenAlexander AnikinElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login