fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: We Are Discontinuing All PMBOK Guide Sixth Edition Training Courses

We Are Discontinuing All PMBOK Guide Sixth Edition Training Courses 1 year 9 months ago #29576

• Cornelius Fichtner
  • Cornelius Fichtner's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • President, OSP International LLC
  • Thank you received: 606
Please note that this announcement does NOT affect The PrepCast PMP Exam Simulator in any way. This is only about our older PrepCast training videos, which follow the PMBOK Guide 6 structure.

Announcement

We are phasing out all training courses that are based on the PMBOK Guide Sixth Edition by 2022-Dec-31. This means that starting 2023-Jan-01, all access to the video lessons of the following training courses will cease to function:
  • The PM PrepCast (PMBOK Guide Sixth Edition for PMP)
  • The PM PrepCast (PMBOK Guide Sixth Edition for CAPM)
  • The PM PrepCast (PMBOK Guide Sixth Edition PM Fundamentals)
  • The PM PrepCast (PMBOK Guide Sixth Edition Advanced Project Management Course)
  • The PM PrepCast (PMBOK Guide Sixth Edition for PDUs)
We are discontinuing these products because our license agreement with PMI to create and distribute derivative products of the PMBOK Guide Sixth Edition expires at the end of the year, and we are legally obligated to revoke all access to the course video lessons thereafter.

Recommendation

If you own one of the above courses that will be discontinued, please follow these general recommendations:
  • Complete your course before 2022-Dec-31
  • If you cannot complete the course before this date, then install a podcast app on your phone or tablet which will allow you to download all lessons. Once downloaded, you can watch the lessons until you remove them from your device.
  • Print your certificate of completion before 2023-June-30. (Note that printing your certificate is slightly different for each course. Reach out to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you don’t know how.)

FAQ for PM PrepCast (Based on PMBOK Sixth Edition)

What if I cannot complete the course before 2022-Dec-31?
  • Your access to the course will be disabled on 2023-Jan-01 without exceptions and you will not be able to view the lessons thereafter.
  • If you believe that you cannot complete the course in time then:
  1. Install a podcast app on your phone or tablet
  2. Log in to the LMS at www.project-management-prepcast.com/login
  3. Navigate to the PrepCast video lessons
  4. Review and follow the instructions in Lesson L00.13 (Android) or L00.14 (iOS) to download all lessons for offline viewing.
  5. Once the lessons are downloaded you can watch them until you delete them from your phone or tablet

Can I still print my course certificate after 2022-Dec-31?
  • Yes. Course completion certificates can be accessed and printed until 2023-June-01. (Note that printing your certificate is slightly different for each course. Reach out to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you don’t know how.)

I own BOTH The PM PrepCast (Based on PMBOK Sixth Edition) as well as The PM PrepCast 2022 (Based on PMP Exam Content Outline). Which one should I use?
  • We recommend that you use The PM PrepCast 2022 because it was specifically designed to meet the latest PMP exam specifications defined in the PMP Exam Content Outline, including agile topics.
  • Additionally, we recommend that after watching The PM PrepCast 2022 lessons, you should also take quizzes/exams using the PrepCast PMP Exam Simulator to solidify what you have learned with exam sample questions.
  • You can still use The PM PrepCast (Based on PMBOK Sixth Edition) to focus on specific topics. For example, if you notice based on your simulator results that need to study up on quality tools, then you can turn to the quality lessons in this course.

When will PMI fully transition their exam to change the reference from using the PMBOK Guide Sixth edition to only use the PMBOK Guide Seventh edition?
  • Never because the PMP exam is not a test of the PMBOK Guide.
  • The PMBOK Guide is just one of 10 reference books that PMI uses to inform the development of the PMP exam questions, which means that questions on the exam are supported by a wide variety of sources.

Does this mean that PM concepts explained in the lessons that are based on The PMBOK Guide Sixth Edition are no longer valid?
  • The concepts are still valid. Even PMI acknowledges this in the PMBOK Guide 7th edition by stating “Nothing in this edition [...] negates alignment with the process-based approach of past editions”.

When is the last day to purchase the products that are being discontinued?

The following are no longer available:
  • The PM PrepCast (PMBOK Guide Sixth Edition for PMP)
  • The PM PrepCast (PMBOK Guide Sixth Edition PM Fundamentals)
  • The PM PrepCast (PMBOK Guide Sixth Edition Advanced Project Management Course)
Last purchase date 2022-Nov-30
  • The PM PrepCast (PMBOK Guide Sixth Edition for CAPM)
Last purchase date 2022-Nov-15
  • The PM PrepCast (PMBOK Guide Sixth Edition for PDUs)

Can I get a refund?
  • The refund policy is specified in our terms and conditions, which you accepted during your purchase.
  • If you send us a refund request that meets those terms and conditions then we will issue a refund.

I purchased The PM PrepCast (PMBOK Guide Sixth Edition for PMP) and didn’t upgrade to the PrepCast 2022. Can I still get a free or discounted upgrade to PrepCast 2022?

FAQ for PM PrepCast 2022 (Based on PMP Exam Content Outline)

Will my access to “The PM PrepCast 2022” also end?
  • No. The PM PrepCast 2022 is not based on the PMBOK Guide Sixth edition, and so nothing changes.
Does The PM PrepCast 2022 cover the topics needed for the Exam?
  • Yes. The PM PrepCast 2022 is based on the PMP Exam Content Outline, which describes what you could be tested on during the exam, and the course covers all of this.
Does 2022 in the name of “The PM PrepCast 2022” mean that it’s only relevant during 2022?
  • No. The PM PrepCast 2022 will remain relevant for as long as the current PMP Exam Content Outline is relevant. The “2022” suffix will be removed by the end of the year.

I own BOTH The PM PrepCast 2022 (Based on PMP Exam Content Outline) as well as The PM PrepCast (Based on PMBOK Sixth Edition). Which one should I use?
  • We recommend that you use The PM PrepCast 2022 because it was specifically designed to meet the latest PMP exam specifications defined in the PMP Exam Content Outline, including agile topics.
  • Additionally, we recommend that after watching The PM PrepCast 2022 lessons, you should also take quizzes/exams using the PrepCast PMP Exam Simulator to solidify what you have learned with exam sample questions.
  • You can still use The PM PrepCast (Based on PMBOK Sixth Edition) to focus on specific topics. For example, if you notice based on your simulator results that need to study up on quality tools, then you can turn to the quality lessons in this course.

FAQ for PMP Simulator

Will this affect The PMP Exam Simulator in any way?
  • No. Access to The PMP Exam Simulator will not change.

FAQ for PMP Formula Guide

Will this affect The PMP Exam Formula Study Guide?
  • No. The PM Formula Study Guide is not based on the PMBOK Guide Sixth edition, and so nothing changes.

FAQ for Agile PrepCast and PMI-ACP

Will this affect my PMI-ACP training materials, like the Agile PrepCast or The PMI-ACP Exam Simulator?
  • No. This does not affect PMI-ACP training materials at all.

FAQ for PM StudyCoach

Will this affect The PM StudyCoach Guidebooks?
  • Yes. We are working on a new edition of The PM StudyCoach Guidebooks with a tentative launch date of Q4 2022.
  • All PM StudyCoach Guidebooks purchased before this launch date are based on The PMBOK Guide Sixth Edition and should not be used any longer.

FAQ for PDUs

Can I continue to take the final exam and claim PDUs for these lessons that I downloaded on my personal device?
  • Yes. Course completion certificates can be accessed and printed until 2023-June-01.
I got my PMP Certification some years back. Can I use the PM PrepCast 2022 for my PDU requirement to renew my certification?
  • We are working on this and should have a relevant PDU product available in Q4 2022.

FAQ for Corporate Customers

I am part of a class or corporate/ organization, does this affect me too?
  • Yes. Access to all training courses that are based on the PMBOK Guide Sixth Edition will end on 2023-Jan-01 no matter who tries to access them.
  • Please reach out to your instructor / coordinator for more details.
Until Next Time,
Cornelius Fichtner, PMP, CSM
President, OSP International LLC
The following user(s) said Thank You: Scott Barnes, Aleksey Gorelikov, Ali Alaswad, Shwan Hameed, Ali Skouri, Rose Griffin, Anna Zhokhova
Last edit: by Cornelius Fichtner.

We Are Discontinuing All PMBOK Guide Sixth Edition Training Courses 1 year 5 months ago #29967

• Deon Duncan
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Can I transfer my subscription to the PrepCast 2022? I will be taking the exam in 2023 and it is now based on version 7. These lessons Sixth edition lessons are no longer aligned.

We Are Discontinuing All PMBOK Guide Sixth Edition Training Courses 1 year 5 months ago #30053

• Rochelle Martinez
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 7
I believe one of our agents already assisted you with your concern. In general, the upgrade offer already expired last June 2022. Please refer to this article: www.project-management-prepcast.com/pm-prepcast-update-2022

If you need further help, please feel free to write to our Helpdesk at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Best regards,
Rochelle Martinez
VA Team Leader

We Are Discontinuing All PMBOK Guide Sixth Edition Training Courses 1 year 4 months ago #30098

• David Mohammed
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello,

I would just like to confirm that although the video lesson material will expire on December 31st, 2022, that the CAPM Exam Simulator material
will be accessible throughout the duration of my subscription to the PrepCast.

I ask because I will not be able to finish the course by the December 31st suggested date . A large part of the value associated with this course is in the CAPM Simulator material.

Please advise at your earliest convenience.

Thanks.

We Are Discontinuing All PMBOK Guide Sixth Edition Training Courses 1 year 3 months ago #30116

• Cornelius Fichtner
  • Cornelius Fichtner's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • President, OSP International LLC
  • Thank you received: 606
Hi David,

Correct!

Your access to The PM PrepCast for CAPM training videos will end today. Our license with PMI for the video lessons expires and we cannot make any exceptions whatsoever.

However, your access to the Exam Simulator is not affected at all. You can continue to use the simulator for the duration of your subscription.
Until Next Time,
Cornelius Fichtner, PMP, CSM
President, OSP International LLC
Last edit: by Cornelius Fichtner.

We Are Discontinuing All PMBOK Guide Sixth Edition Training Courses 11 months 1 week ago #30530

• RALPH Alezi
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello,
what happens to everyone else?
Do we find another provider?
Will you guys reimburse us?
Regards,
R.

We Are Discontinuing All PMBOK Guide Sixth Edition Training Courses 11 months 6 days ago #30531

• Harry Elston
  • Thank you received: 144
Dear Ralph,

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "everyone else" in this instance. PMI forced the move from content providers by updating all of their exam material towards PMBOK 7 and placing other restrictions on content providers. in other words, Prepcast was forced to retire the old material. Prepcast didn't arbitrarily make the move.

Prepcast gave 6-months of warning to everyone that the old training courses were going to be retired in December 2022. From my perspective, that's ample time to finish a 40-ish hour course. I doubt that you'll be eligible for any kind of refund at this late stage., but you will need to contact Prepcast Customer Service to request that.

Harry
+++++
Harry J. Elston, Ph.D., CIH, PMP

We Are Discontinuing All PMBOK Guide Sixth Edition Training Courses 11 months 2 days ago #30541

• Daniel Soerensen
  • Thank you received: 19
Hi Ralph,

Keep in mind that what OSP International is doing is to your benefit. They are staying current with PMIs updated guide (which will be already 1 year old in two months) and they are ensuring that the material students need to stay current with latest trends and successfully pass the PMP exam by retiring content that is outdated and not needed for the most recent exam. Again, they are only doing this to provide the best program there is for students looking to take the PMP exam or stay up to date with current trends. I hope you understand.

Thank you,
Daniel Soerensen, PMP, CSPO
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenAlexander AnikinElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login