fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Didn't pass my exam

Didn't pass my exam 1 year 10 months ago #29447

• Opsy Bamidele
  • Opsy Bamidele's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I sincerely felt I was ready but just realized I was not in all aspects. I got above target in the people domain and flunked the others. How do I ensure this doesn't repeat itself? Please Help:( :(

Didn't pass my exam 1 year 10 months ago #29448

• Brad Pennington, PMP
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
Opsy,

What was your study plan like over the last few weeks? We’re you taking practice tests and quizzes on an exam simulator? Which materials were you using? I’m happy to provide you with the study plan that I used if it will help, but need to know what your baseline is first. Keep pushing, you’ll get it on the second try!!
Brad Pennington, PMP
PrepCast Community Moderator
The following user(s) said Thank You: Opsy Bamidele

Didn't pass my exam 1 year 9 months ago #29464

• Opsy Bamidele
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Yes I used an exam simulator, had some classes and also read the PMBOK. I think I do not really understand the domains. How to I up my processes and business environment skills? I do not know why I keep missing them: what do I need to do differently. I want to take the exams again really soon, I just need to know what I am missing. Thanks so much.

Didn't pass my exam 1 year 9 months ago #29468

• William Armstrong
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hey so I just passed 3AT and my advice would be to really look at the breakdown from the simulator. After you nail down which areas, I would take learning quizzes and only use material you have not seen yet to really get a clear idea. Every area I was under 70% I hammered questions until 75%. I took the practice exams (all 4) 66% 70% 67% 73% and then retook practice exam 1 a week later after my quiz regimen which usually included groups of 50 questions in the specific area. The fifth and final practice exam (retake of exam 1) I scored an 84%. I reviewed what I missed from it because a little pissed I couldn't ace it. But the next day (today) I took it and passed.

Didn't pass my exam 1 year 9 months ago #29471

• This sounds like me
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
My challenge is the "trickyness" of the questions. VERY often I feel like none of the options are correct or more than 1 is correct. i'm ending with similar % correct. Perhaps some guidance in this area could help us both.

Didn't pass my exam 1 year 9 months ago #29473

• Opsy Bamidele
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks so much for this. I would try this out and share my progress. Plus what other study materials would you recommend?

Didn't pass my exam 1 year 9 months ago #29474

• Opsy Bamidele
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Plus congratulations on your success! Really happy for you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: William Armstrong

Didn't pass my exam 1 year 9 months ago #29475

• Anonymous
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
www.project-management-prepcast.com/kune...s-morning-my-process

This link is what I posted in the Lessons Learned section. It is my whole process. I really hope it helps. And thank you. It means so much to me. Good luck.

Didn't pass my exam 1 year 9 months ago #29500

• Abhishek Sharma
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello Folks,
Thanks for sharing your experience and the discussion is helpful too.
I'm just a few days away from my exam and very focused on the simulator. Out of 2100+ questions from the simulator how many questions are good to cover. With very limited time at hand, I'm hoping I could cross the 1400 mark at the max.

To share I have completed one Practice Test with a score of 80%. Several learning and timed quizzes. Overall 700+ questions with exam feedback of 74%.
I have seen there are folks covering almost 2000 questions from the prepcast and still finding exam questions new, this really makes me nervous. I'm hoping I could reach the 1400 mark maintaing my 75% mark and still fare well in the exam.

-Abhi
Last edit: by Abhishek Sharma.
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login