fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Difference between Leadership and Stewardship

Difference between Leadership and Stewardship 1 year 11 months ago #29349

• SESHACHALAM A K
  • SESHACHALAM A K's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Dear Friends,

As per 7th Ed principles - i am confused on this two areas. Appreciate if someone help explain difference between Leadership and Stewardship.

Difference between Leadership and Stewardship 1 year 11 months ago #29350

• Harry Elston
  • Thank you received: 144
Seshachalmak,

I'm not using the PMBOK 7th as a guide, but here are what I consider to be the main differences:

Stewardship is taking care of something, usually property. It is taking care of that "something" in the place of the owner - i.e. the owner's personal representative in matters pertaining to that property. The focus of the steward is to maximize the utilization of that "something" for the benefit of the owner. A more solid example may be a project budget: It's not YOUR money, but you've been entrusted with that money to maximize its use for the company.

Leadership is an act of getting a group of people to move cohesively as a unit to accomplish a goal.

Hope that helps,

Harry
+++++
Harry J. Elston, Ph.D., CIH, PMP

Difference between Leadership and Stewardship 1 year 11 months ago #29351

• SESHACHALAM A K
  • SESHACHALAM A K's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Thank you Harry for your detailed explanation on these two terms. Much appreciated.
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenAlexander AnikinElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login