fbpx

Reply: Difference between Leadership and Stewardship

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Difference between Leadership and Stewardship

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
1 year 11 months ago #29351

SESHACHALAM A K

Thank you Harry for your detailed explanation on these two terms. Much appreciated.
1 year 11 months ago #29350

Harry Elston

Seshachalmak,

I'm not using the PMBOK 7th as a guide, but here are what I consider to be the main differences:

Stewardship is taking care of something, usually property. It is taking care of that "something" in the place of the owner - i.e. the owner's personal representative in matters pertaining to that property. The focus of the steward is to maximize the utilization of that "something" for the benefit of the owner. A more solid example may be a project budget: It's not YOUR money, but you've been entrusted with that money to maximize its use for the company.

Leadership is an act of getting a group of people to move cohesively as a unit to accomplish a goal.

Hope that helps,

Harry
1 year 11 months ago #29349

SESHACHALAM A K

Dear Friends,

As per 7th Ed principles - i am confused on this two areas. Appreciate if someone help explain difference between Leadership and Stewardship.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login