fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Can i have a tower fan in the room while taking online PMP exam?

Can i have a tower fan in the room while taking online PMP exam? 2 years 6 months ago #28530

• Taylor F
  • Taylor F's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Everything I've read mentions to not have anything within arm's reach. I had my entire workstation on my desk and took everything off and put stacked on a bench behind me. Looks like a mess, but it's out of arm's reach. I usually have a mini fan on my desk since it's hot where i live and i don't have AC or ceiling fans. Will they allow a floor tower fan in the room while I test?

Can i have a tower fan in the room while taking online PMP exam? 2 years 6 months ago #28532

• Kyle Kilbride, PMP
  • Thank you received: 49
Hi Taylor, it would be best to check with Pearson Vue directly to see if it would be an issue. A couple of things that come to mind would be:

- Noise: would this get picked up on your mic?
- Distraction: if you would be looking off-screen at it, that may trigger something in their moderating system.

Best to check with Pearson Vue to ensure you have a smooth test-taking experience.

Kyle
Regards,
Kyle Kilbride, P.Eng, PMP
PMPrepCast Community Moderator

Can i have a tower fan in the room while taking online PMP exam? 2 years 6 months ago #28536

• Taylor F
  • Taylor F's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Thanks Kyle. To close the loop on this, I was able to have my tower fan in the room. No issues with the proctor.
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenAlexander AnikinElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login